Corsair Community

Looking for advice on H100i V2

S3NS3R

As the title mentions, I need some advice on my H100i-V2, it's started to behave a little strange. A little over a week ago my CPU temps were higher than normal when gaming.

It used to hit 60C Max but now its getting close to 70C. So I took the cooler out and cleaned out all the dust from the Radiator, replaced the thermal paste, I noticed at this point that tapping the tubing would reduce the CPU temp reading. So after a little google I thought it might be possible that I had a airlock, so I have done my best to eliminate the chance of this by rotating the case in all directions making sure the Rad is the highest point still. I also made sure that the CPU block is mounted correctly.

But still the CPU temps seem high, to the point I am now having to run the System using Intel speed Step to reduce the CPU voltage and Mhz. To keep Idle temps within a range that it used to run at before.

As an example, the current ambient temp is 22C and I am running Intel Speed Step the H100i temp is 36C & CPU 44-46C idle. Turn off Speed step and the H100i climbs in temp to 40C+ and CPU 57C+ idle. It's the start of winter and I was seeing lower temps in the height of summer. Corsair Link is reporting that the Fans and Pump are running as normal but the H100i temps just keeps climbing.

Any solutions to this problem out there, or is it time to RMA?

Thanks in advance

Time to fill out a support ticket and request a replacement. It seems like there is a building restriction to the flow. Your 14C+ coolant delta over ambient temp is about double what it should be. It may also start to slowly climb the longer you are up and running. These things tend to get worse with time and I would start the process now before you get stuck. You can try tapping the hoses or even taking the block off and shaking, but the debris causing the blockage doesn't have anywhere to go. It can settle into a less disadvantageous position and that will bring short term relief, but it will come around again eventually.

The only other reasonable possibility is if the power supply to the H100i v2 is being squelched. It needs 12v at all times to power pump and fans. If you flash or reset the BIOS and forget to set the header for the unit back to 100%/disabled/"full speed", it will reduce both pump and fan speeds. Still, I would not expect to double the coolant delta at idle. Those 980 Ti can have quite an effect on H100i v2 temp when under load, but should not have much say in the resting idle value.

Looking at corsair link the PSU seems to be stable, i have also checked the BIOS settings and there as the should be. The 980Ti's do pump heat out when gaming, but idle there actually cooler than the CPU at the moment.

I have submitted a RMA request so hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Archived