The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE)

Old 09-16-2017, 06:48 AM
BahamutxD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920250
BahamutxD Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadway View Post
It's getting ridiculous now here too. Since I updated to CUEv2 I've got this problem and someone who plays Rocket League daily with an XBOX One Controller it's really annoying. I've to put every time my K95 RGB to the BIOS setting with the switch at the backside. I hope this gets fixed soon.
Why the switch thing? Does that fix it?

Old 09-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Breadway's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920260
Breadway Reputation: 10

If my Steam client crashes/freezes (no response), I just have to switch to the BIOS setting and Steam immediately works again normally.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:07 PM
BahamutxD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921390
BahamutxD Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadway View Post
If my Steam client crashes/freezes (no response), I just have to switch to the BIOS setting and Steam immediately works again normally.
Can confirm that that does the trick. Hope that messing like that with the BIOS switch doesn't screw anything in the long term...

Old 11-08-2017, 12:32 PM
thekraken8him's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925727
thekraken8him Reputation: 10
Default Any News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We finally got in touch with Steam engineers through a gracious user who was able to help with that. While it may take a while to diagnose the issue, we'll work as closely as we can with them to see where the problem lies.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.
It's great to hear that Corsair/Steam are working on this. Since this post was about 3 months ago, has there been any progress? The issue was so bad I have uninstalled CUE and waiting for the problem to be fixed before reinstalling.

I have a Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB keyboard and I am also getting the same hanging issue every time I plug in or unplug a USB device such as Keyboard, Mouse, HOTAS, and controller. I am also experiencing the same hang when connecting and disconnecting my Bluetooth Xbox One S controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratofied
This not only affects Steam, but also causes Battle.net launcher to take 30-60 seconds to launch. If I remove CUE, it launches in <10 seconds. I have confirmed this with several other users in PCMR discord.
I was also having this issue. I didn't realize it was tied to CUE until I uninstalled it and it went away.

I hope this gets resolved soon. I miss my RGB...

Old 11-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Steeplechase's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925926
Steeplechase Reputation: 10

I am getting this exact issue as well. I actually posted about this a long while back, not sure if in this thread or what, but yes it has been present since I installed CUE.

When will this be fixed? Disabling CUE from booting, stops this issue at the cost of RGB.

It was getting to the point I had to plug and replug the keyboard 3+ times a day.

On a side note, what does this Bios switch do?

I have a Corsair LUX K70 RGB and I'm using latest version of CUE. Mine locks up when I use my Xbox One Gamepad and have Steam active. I have to unplug the keyboard to unlock it faster.

Last edited by Steeplechase; 11-10-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:02 PM

POST ID # = 928366
ReeceBob Reputation: 10

And not one update to be found...

Old 11-29-2017, 05:08 PM
Steeplechase's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928387

Please fix this, it is getting worse.

I know 100% it's caused by CUE and Steam.

I have not launched Steam in 3 weeks and had zero issues. As soon as I launched steam, it locked up CUE and crashed it, then Steam froze.

I want this fixed, I'm growing impatient.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:30 PM
GamerDude686's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929405
GamerDude686 Reputation: 10

I also am having an issue with my Corsair K55 RGB keyboard causing certain steam games to lockup. When the lock occurs at random keyboard remains functional except for the led indicators for numlock and capslock. This issue has been ongoing since I installed Steam back when I got my new Alienware pc. A reboot would often would fix the issue. But now it takes several reboots. I initially also thought this was related to the CUE software but even with it removed uninstalled the issue remains. In my case I believe this to be a hardware defect issue or the CUE software has modified my keyboard to the point it is now unusable with Steam. No one wants to have to reboot his pc several dozen times to play their Steam owned games. I know for a fact the issue lies with the Corsair Keyboard as whenever it's replaced with my old Logitech the issue vanishes. Please Corsair fix this issue or I will not be willing to purchase Corsair products in the future. Although I have no issues with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Steeplechase's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929415

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDude686 View Post
I also am having an issue with my Corsair K55 RGB keyboard causing certain steam games to lockup. When the lock occurs at random keyboard remains functional except for the led indicators for numlock and capslock. This issue has been ongoing since I installed Steam back when I got my new Alienware pc. A reboot would often would fix the issue. But now it takes several reboots. I initially also thought this was related to the CUE software but even with it removed uninstalled the issue remains. In my case I believe this to be a hardware defect issue or the CUE software has modified my keyboard to the point it is now unusable with Steam. No one wants to have to reboot his pc several dozen times to play their Steam owned games. I know for a fact the issue lies with the Corsair Keyboard as whenever it's replaced with my old Logitech the issue vanishes. Please Corsair fix this issue or I will not be willing to purchase Corsair products in the future. Although I have no issues with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB.
Just replug the keyboard manually.

Don't bother rebooting.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 AM
GamerDude686's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeplechase View Post
Just replug the keyboard manually.

Don't bother rebooting.
Much more convenient to just use a different keyboard. My pc tower is on the floor under the desk. Also one shouldn't have to constant plug and replug a keyboard adding unnecessary wear and tear to the usb ports. I'm just curious if this affects all the RGB Corsair keyboards that use the CUE software and driver. I wonder if Corsair would be willing to replace my K55 with a non RGB keyboard if there is not going to be a fix to this anytime soon. In the meantime I'm back to my Logitech G105 with the sticking forward backslash key. I can deal with that alot better then a locking system when using Steam games.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Steeplechase's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929510

That is defeating the purpose of owning the keyboard.

You're right, they shouldn't but if you want to use the Corsair CUE software and have your LED's, that's what you have to do until they fix the bug.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 PM

POST ID # = 929514
Roxote Reputation: 10

Fix for me:

- Updated CUE to latest version.
- CUE in advanced mode using a random downloaded advanced profile.
- Steam Beta Client.

No more freezes after turning on/off Xbox One Controller in Steam.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:51 AM
GamerDude686's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxote View Post
Fix for me:

- Updated CUE to latest version.
- CUE in advanced mode using a random downloaded advanced profile.
- Steam Beta Client.

No more freezes after turning on/off Xbox One Controller in Steam.
Sorry as the fix doesn't seem to apply to mine. I downloaded beta Steam and re-downloaded and installed the latest CUE with same results.

Problem is in my case is it the software or the keyboard? Even with the CUE software and drivers removed my Corsair K55 still exhibits the locking with Steam game launch issues. And I'm not about to reformat reinstall Windows just to quite possibly ending up with the same issue. So my options are to do the unplug re-plug nonsense or keep rebooting till the game I want to play launches without issue. Or just totally replace the keyboard with a competitor brand.

I've been dealing with this issue every since I purchased the keyboard and mouse back in September.

As it seems Corsair does not appear to be offering anymore insight to whether or not they are working on this issue and or offering some sort of time frame when a fix will be in.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:11 AM

POST ID # = 930012
Roxote Reputation: 10

I changed from my previous usb 3.0 ports to another 2 USB on my motherboard, no troubles anymore.

Tags
crash, cue, keyboard, steam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: