Corsair Community

600T case wiring installation and documentation

warbird

I’m looking for assistance in connecting the 600T care wiring.

• How do you connect (step-by-step with pictures if possible) the headers for the fan control knob and the tree fan cables? MB is the Asus P6X58D Premium

• Best way to route the USB 3.0 jumper to the back of the case.

• How to connect HD Audio Plug and USB 2.0 headers.

This may seem a no brainer for system builders but since my last build was over 7 years ago (far less case cables) I’m lost with this case wiring configuration. The rest of the build is easy.

Thank you.

Edited by warbird
typos

If you take the back of the case off, you will see 4 thin cables with 3pins at each end and 1 4pin molex cable. These are fan extension cables already and a power cable already hooked up to the fan controller. So you simply plug a 3pin fan cable into these extensions. Note, on my fan extension cables there is a tiny plastic jumper on each end to protect the pins. You simply remove this. For the power you simply plug a 4pin molex into the 4pin cable. If you only have fans which have 4pin molex connectors then you will need to buy a 4pin to 3pin adaptor. Also the fan controller adjusts all fans at the same time. There is no way to individually select fans for control.

Regarding routing the usb 3.0 cable, you do it either through the watercooling holes or if you have a free pci slot, remove the default vented pci plate and install the special one included with the case which has a cutout for the usb 3 cable. Try and mount this pci slot as near as possible to your usb 3.0 port that your going to plug the cable into, so that when the cable snakes out the back it doesn't have far to travel. Ideally if you could run the usb 3.0 cable along the bottom of the motherboard would be the tidiest. I found I couldn't do this as I have a rampage III board with the usb 3 connection very high up, and I only have no spare pci slots near that position. Overclock3d.net caught this issue and said Corsair should have designed a little rubber grommet into the side of the case so you could route the usb 3 cable behind the motherboard tray and out the side near the i/o shield where your usb 3 connection would be on your motherboard.

Regarding the usb cable and hd audio cable, your motherboard manual should be able to tell you where the usb connectors are. Generally they are on the bottom of the board once you have the board installed in the case. You should be able to route the cable the same way you route the connectors for power, reset etc.. Same with hd audio which is in roughly the same location. Alot of board support AC97 and HDAudio so make sure you select the right connector. You manual will have all the details.

So the case controller is design for 4 fans. In my build I'll be only connecting the two 200mm. Installed the H70 utilizing the cpu_fan connector.

The length of the USB 3.0 cable is too short in order to make it inconspicuous from the back of the case to exit out of the panel slot to the back of the Asus P6X58D Premium. Other MB may just make the connection.

Indeed, 4 fans. I just connect the 2 stock ones. I also use a pwm splitter to connect to akasa viper fans to the cpu header to cool the rad on the H70.

I have the same issue with the cable being too short. You can buy a usb 3.0 extension cable though so there's an idea. Personally I connect my usb 3.0 backup drive from the back of my case anyway.

• 8 years later...

Guys - anyone with the 600T Graphite. I now (with help from Corsair Tech Support) know how to replace the 200mm front fan. Obviously, buy the fan from Corsair to ensure a perfect fit. In my case, not only was the front fan rattling, it was also not going at the same speed. My mobo temps are now noticeably lower, though the case is so well cooled they had not gotten very high even with the bad fan.

1. Remove or disconnect drives in the middle cage. Cables disconnect is enough.

2. If you have anything in the bottom cage, same thing. Disconnect.

3. Remove the 2 thumb screws on the left rear of each of bottom and middle cages.

4. Remove the 2 screws at bottom of lower cage connecting it to case. This connects them to a shelf which allows room for the fan power cord. Note where cord goes under shelf, through an opening in the case from the right side cable area to the mobo fan connector (unless you power the fan some other way).

5. Disconnect the fan power cord.

6. 2 clips at top of fan, right and left hold fan assembly to front of case. Push down to release them. Note the extensions on each side of fan casing that anchor the bottom of the assembly to the case.

6. Lift assembly out.

7. The assembly is the fan plus a left bracket and a right bracket, each held on by 2 Philips head screws. Remove all 4 screws but note how brackets went on to old fan.

8. Attach brackets to the new fan. Unwrap the tie wrap from fan cord.

9. Place assembly, (remember, the Corsair sticker faces into the case) back in place, with those 2 little tabs on the bottom of the brackets into the matching slots on the case.

10. Now you can gently but firmly push the clips into their openings in the case.

11. Route your power cord the same way old one ran, under shelf, through grommet / hole from right side to mobo side and reconnect as originally connected (or route as old one was and reconnect it the way old one connected.

12. Slide lower cage in the now visible tracks on the shelf as far as it goes. Will likely need a bit of help going the last inch. One side note - apparently there is another space this lower cage can go behind the original space. Or don't put it in if you don't want it in (but try not to lose it).

13. Replace the 2 Philips head screws.

14. Reinsert the middle cage, again all the way in its track, helping it that last inch.

15. Now you can replace the two thumb screws.

16. Reconnect the SATA and power cords to all your drives.

17. I suggest you test the system for everything including all drives working before you close up the case.