Corsair Community

M60/M65 Scroll/Wheel problems

Sornii

Hello,

To users:

I'm starting this thread to see how many peoples had trouble with the scroll/wheel problem.

Post your problem and how many times it occurred.

To corsair:

Why so many people have issues with the scroll? Is it a bad use of the user, which I don't think so, since I take a lot of care and it happens over and over while my friends, with another mice, punch it, put fire on it, open it, mod it, and guess what, the scroll is good.

I just wanna know why. Is it a piece of the mouse which the corsair decided to not put money on it? The price of the mouse doens't justify such a thing, it's intended to be at the top of normal mice.

As I said, it's intended to be a better mouse, a mouse wich you can trust for years, the price must have be equal to the quality. Just to put the things on the table, here (in Brazil) the final price of the mouse is around R$300,00 (U$109,00), a normal mouse, which you can buy in any market costs around R$25,00 (U$9,00). With a help from math, the M65 costs around 1211% on top of a normal mouse.

I'll repeat. It costs one thousand, two hundred eleven times more than a normal mouse.

To anyone:

Well, I'm not that guy which had to replace it one time and appears to be trolling for just 1 RMA. I'm replacing it for the third time. Moments ago I filled a form, sending it for a new RMA ticket.

It's going to be my fourth mouse. Just because the scroll click, which I use it a lot (when it works) to open new links in a new tab and to close tabs. I'm software developer (home office) and off course, that one who uses it to game and browse the web, so I constantly use it on five days of the week (16-18 hours per day).

The problem arrives right after the beginning, at the first time the click works, and it's pretty good, but after a week or so the click starts to lost its functionality, sometimes it works, sometimes don't. After two months or three, the click rarely works. And in five months or more, it's completily dead. Software problem? I don't think so, I can say that because it's going worse over time, and it's not like: 1 day fully working, 1 day fully not working.

I can't say that the mouse, in a overall, isn't good. The mouse is pretty good on itself. I feel comfortable using it. It feels smooth swiping, the weight is good, and you can adjust it, the DPI (which I don't care much, because I set to a lower DPI) is high as much you pay, the overall quality of the mouse is very, very good, with the aluminum parts. And I can say that if this mouse was a girl, it'll be a very very pretty girl, with good curves, with the weight you imagine which is good for you, very flexible and open minded, but after 1 year she'll lost the front tooth, for a unknown reason.

TL;DR:

This mouse is good, but it keeps getting the scroll/wheel click function getting broken everytime after I replace it. It's going to be my fourth mouse after the RMA I just filled right now.

Edit:

Ok, I abused it now (the middle click) and it works in very special times, it's a ratio 10/50. The really funny part is, I click 40 times, it doesnt work. The 41th time, it works and start to work until it reachs the 50th click, then it doens't work anymore. The numbers and the time it start to work aren't the same everytime.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to feel something similar.

A couple of days ago, my M65 just stopped going smoothly over the mousemat. It felt as if there was sand underneath it.

The day after, it starts to feel weird when I use mouse 1 (left click). It feels a little like it's worn out, or made of rubber when I click it. It's really hard to explain, but it doesn't make the "click" sound when I click the mouse, it's more like a squeeky sound (I've had this problem with two other Corsair mice). The day after, I had problems with mouse 3. It only registered me clicking sometimes, so I restarted my PC. I thought it was fixed because it seemed to be good for 30 minutes, but today it almost stopped working completely. I'm able to make it work if I can push the scroolwheel down in a specific direction, but that's it.

I really take care of my stuff. Before my M65, I had the same Logitech mouse for almost 5 years - daily usage, and I'm a heavy gamer. I've only had my M65 for about half a year.

Archived