Corsair Community

My H100i generates grinding/rattling noises, help please.

ersot

Just got my unit today, and amazingly I was able to install it into the case.

But there is a problem, see here:

It is pretty loud, not as loud as the GS700 noise generator, but loud enough that I can hear the grinding from outside the room.

RAM GUY help please.

If I am unable to address this issue, I would like to request a replacement--is that fine, RAM GUY?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright after spending a good hour disassembling the computer and checking the parts, I believe I found where the sound is coming from--it's coming from the fans.

On a side note, I love the temperature readings I am getting off it. A quick 15 minute test on Prime95 gives me a reading of min of 26-28c and max of 68-71c over clocked at 1.272v/4.5 GHz.

I was going to stop my RMA process re my noisy H100 and not waste £35 posting it back to Corsair in Holland. My thinking was that I'd buy a H100i instead...

This pump thing goes on eh! :biggrin: It's becoming a little tiresome.

So here's my Q - is the H100i noisier than an replaced H100 with SP120's on it?

I would imagine the H100i would be quieter than the previous model; however, that's assuming it worked as it should.

It's strange after reading all the wonderful improvements they have done to this cooler, you would think that the rattling/grinding noise would have been taken care of.

Cooler looks amazing with this CORSAIR LED fonts but this noise is 2 times louder than my H100 with grinding sound. This is fault cooler I think it's not normal.

Please don't judge immediately. This coolers is better and better and this is future of CPU cooling.

What is with fan noise, it's not so loud as H100 fans on full speed.

Yeah, I am suspecting that might be the deal. It's a shame too, I ordered it around the time it hit the shelves and at full price (the 10% discount did not appear when I ordered.) Like I said before, the performance on it is great--if only it did not generate so much noise.

With that being said, I am still waiting for a Corsair response. Time for me to pull out the RAM GUY signal.

http://i.imgur.com/KrGZI.jpg

Watching that video makes my stomach hurt.:o:

Have a new H100i shipping in from the Corsair Store, just hoping like last time I get a good one, crossing fingers and toes.

If I do receive a noisy unit, still have the fan controller from the last H100 purchase (last April) on stand-by ready to go if needed.

I think RAM GUY might be seeking out a very tall building right about now.

Don't do it RAM GUY, we all love you here man!:D:

I doubt an emergency meeting has been called, but I bet those iPhones are burning up the wires at Corsair Central.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/MeanBruce/IMG_1074_zps09ab443e.jpg

Alright after spending a good hour disassembling the computer and checking the parts, I believe I found where the sound is coming from.

On a side note, I love the temperature readings I am getting off it. A quick 15 minute test on Prime95 gives me a reading of min of 26-28c and max of 68-71c over clocked at 1.272v/4.5 GHz.

On a happy note, your temps are great man, I'm running just a simple Asus CPU level up in Bios 1309 at 4.2GHz, 1.282vcore. Idle with H100 27C. When you get your cooler issue resolved, and I pray that to be very soon, please send me your Bios o/c profile. Wishing you luck man, and thanks for sharing the news with us today.

• Corsair Employee

Yes I have no problem replacing the unit, please use the link on the left and request an RMA or if we have replaced it before please post the previous RMA number and I will have our customer service contact you.

An no jumping off of Tall building for me unless its with a parachute and Bottle of Red Horse and a bottle of Jack Daniels and my MP3 player and full volume playing

Alright, one thing though--the link does not include the newly introduced H100i model. Also, is it possible to do an advanced return procedure with the H100i models?

Little off topic, why not up the ante and break Baumgartner's record.

I am sorry but no we can only replace for the same model that is sent in. But you can do an advanced RMA just get the case number first and then call our customer service by phone.

What are you talking about?--the model I will be sending in is the H100i, which is the same model I want to get replaced. However, the thing is Corsair's RMA does not have the newly introduced H100i listed in order to get the proper case. See: http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport/

Alright, speaking through TEX support, we both concluded the issue is with the pump and the best possible solution is to replace it, which I did. On a side note, I am curious as to why the support service personnel are unable to look up information through Corsair's account database.

• Corsair Employee
At this time the two systems are not connected for security reasons, however, we have been working on a new system that has much better cross platform integration, and should be ruining shortly :sigh!: So this should not happen moving forward.

On a happy note, your temps are great man, I'm running just a simple Asus CPU level up in Bios 1309 at 4.2GHz, 1.282vcore. Idle with H100 27C. When you get your cooler issue resolved, and I pray that to be very soon, please send me your Bios o/c profile. Wishing you luck man, and thanks for sharing the news with us today.

These are my settings;

http://imgur.com/a/OZhdQ

Idle power: 24.6-25.7w

100% load power: 66.6w

Idle vcore: 1.280-1.288v

100% load vcore: 1.296v

Room temp: 21c

Min core temp: 26c

Max core temp: 70c

• Corsair Employee
That sound is waaay worse than the original. I thought they'd fix it by now...

It has been, and so far this is the only report I am aware of. From ersot's video, we are trying to determine if it's indeed coming from the pump or something else.

Archived