The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2018, 11:20 PM
TheDakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982829
TheDakk Reputation: 10

This usually happens to me after a cold start. Every time I start my PC, I have to double check to make sure the fan curves are working, lighting is working, etc. Quite annoying.

I've found that killing the application and restarting it after seems to make it a bit more stable. If I restart the Corsair service, my fan curves on my Commander Pro bug out and I have to play around with switching profiles before it works again.

No response on my ticket or indication they are working it. I've uploaded many logs as well to help resolve the issue if need be.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Heartfang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983192
Heartfang Reputation: 10

Hi,

Just want to let you know i’m experiencing this too. Installed it a couple of days ago. Still running the default rainbow effect on the rgb. Restarting the service solves it until i restart windows. Since i’ve only used it for two days i don’t have much experience with it yet but so far it works fine when i boot up windows. The issue starts when i fire up World of Warcraft. Haven’t tested with other games yet.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 PM
arfield's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983265
arfield Reputation: 10

Same issue here with H115i Plat + any colour cycling.
Bit annoying, but not so bad now I know it's not a hardware failure.
I've disabled the device disconnect sound in windows until there's a proper fix!

Old 12-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Heartfang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983370

Now it doesn't help to restart the service. Have restarted it several times and it still keeps making the usb disconnect sound.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 983420
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17

Hello,

Users that are experiencing this issue. If you have a ticket, can you please PM them to me?

Old 12-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Heartfang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post
Hello,

Users that are experiencing this issue. If you have a ticket, can you please PM them to me?
Hi,

I haven't made a ticket for this since i came across this forum post an reckoned you would see it :)

Should i make a ticket for the issue?

Old 12-04-2018, 08:48 AM
RisenStar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983517
RisenStar Reputation: 10

h115i Platinum User here. Experiencing same problem.

New computer, fresh install. Got everything up and running, installed all my hardware's associated applications and finally began installing some non-essential programs.

As soon as I installed Steam, the problems began. Got USB disconnect notification, connect notification, and reconnect notification. Finally, the USB entry for for the H115 Platinum crashed along with the iCUE service.

At the time, thought my monitor's USB hub was the culprit. May still be some kind of conflict there. Anyway, couldn't resolve the issue and running a 9900k with a pump without some kind of fan control (when it defaults to quiet) is not... ideal. Decided to roll back to a fresh install and go through each step more carefully.

Install #2 proceeded as normal. Until I installed Steam. When the Steam Service started, USB disconnect sound played, lights on fans and pump of the H115i Platinum went berserk. Haven't installed the drivers of my monitor yet, which includes the USB hubs built into them, so I don't know if I'll get the full crashing of the AIO's usb connection or not yet. Saw this thread... apparently I'm not alone.

I have no idea why Steam would be a contributor here, but with 2 separate installations on my PC it there was a direct correlation without any delay. As soon as STEAM's services started, the problems began.

Last edited by RisenStar; 12-04-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:02 PM
TheDakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983868

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenStar View Post
h115i Platinum User here. Experiencing same problem.

New computer, fresh install. Got everything up and running, installed all my hardware's associated applications and finally began installing some non-essential programs.

As soon as I installed Steam, the problems began. Got USB disconnect notification, connect notification, and reconnect notification. Finally, the USB entry for for the H115 Platinum crashed along with the iCUE service.

At the time, thought my monitor's USB hub was the culprit. May still be some kind of conflict there. Anyway, couldn't resolve the issue and running a 9900k with a pump without some kind of fan control (when it defaults to quiet) is not... ideal. Decided to roll back to a fresh install and go through each step more carefully.

Install #2 proceeded as normal. Until I installed Steam. When the Steam Service started, USB disconnect sound played, lights on fans and pump of the H115i Platinum went berserk. Haven't installed the drivers of my monitor yet, which includes the USB hubs built into them, so I don't know if I'll get the full crashing of the AIO's usb connection or not yet. Saw this thread... apparently I'm not alone.

I have no idea why Steam would be a contributor here, but with 2 separate installations on my PC it there was a direct correlation without any delay. As soon as STEAM's services started, the problems began.
Interesting, I have Steam installed as well (what gamer doesn't!?).

Waiting to see if it happens with v3.10!

Old 12-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 983874
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartfang View Post
Hi,

I haven't made a ticket for this since i came across this forum post an reckoned you would see it :)

Should i make a ticket for the issue?
If you could, please make a ticket and PM it to me.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Heartfang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post
If you could, please make a ticket and PM it to me.
Out travelling now but will do it when i get home on sunday.

As some have mentioned above here i have also got Steam installed.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:22 AM
RisenStar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983973
RisenStar Reputation: 10

It bears repeating that it was not just that I have Steam install, but that the disconnect/crash of iCUE and related services coincided with Steam's startup of it's own program (and related services.)

I know that correlation does not equal causation, but this was a repeatable, predicable pattern on 2 separate installs for me. It's curious, to say the least.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:09 PM
TheDakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984072

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenStar View Post
It bears repeating that it was not just that I have Steam install, but that the disconnect/crash of iCUE and related services coincided with Steam's startup of it's own program (and related services.)

I know that correlation does not equal causation, but this was a repeatable, predicable pattern on 2 separate installs for me. It's curious, to say the least.
I found that if I restart iCue application after my machine loads (after Steam loads too), the lighting resets and is OK afterwards. Are you able to confirm this happens for you as well?

Old 12-06-2018, 07:19 PM
Tarmgar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984074
Tarmgar Reputation: 10

Hello, just joined to chime in that I have the same cooler as the OP and have the same disconnecting issues. Closing iCue stops the disconnecting. The disconnecting seems to happen more frequently while in-game btw. On desktop it still happens but just less frequently. I see a new version of iCue came out today I think. I'll update and see if the issue is still there after update. Btw, I am indeed up to date on all firmware too.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:49 AM

POST ID # = 984319
makatech Reputation: 10

Not fun reading this after purchasing the h115i Platinum. :-(

This is serious and I assume Corsair has highest priority on solving this otherwise this will of course affect both the reputation of this aio and Corsair in general.

I have been noticing USB connect or disconnect sounds from mine too but wasn't aware of the serious effect like you guys are describing. I am sporadically using steam as well for pupg, 3dmark and rocksmith.

This is probably a more general high priority issue thus it becomes a little strange here asking for support tickets, should be very easy to reproduce for Corsair themselves?

Questions:
Are you guys still having these issues after latest upgrades? Is a workaround disabling any rgb colour cycling, will this solve all the issues??

Last edited by makatech; 12-08-2018 at 04:55 AM.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:56 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984321
momorious Reputation: 10

Yes I still have the issue and I am in Contact with Corsair James to help to find the root cause of this extreme bug issue.
Workaround for now is to avoid any kind of "moving" lighting. So no arc, no rainbow etc. Just static color actually works.

1 members found this post helpful.