Corsair Community

That's it ... I'm done with the H100iV2

Keith Myers

Well, I have just not had any luck with the H100iV2. It's a fantastic cooler..... when it works. The first one lasted 3 months before the pump died. The warranty replacement cooler just lasted for 4 months. Same issue, the pump quit.

So I am giving Corsair one more chance. I just ordered the H110i based on RedRay's recommendation. I hope I have better luck with this model. If not, I'm done with the Link enabled Corsair AIO's. I'll probably either try my hand at a custom loop or fall back on the non-Link AIO's. My two original H105's are still going strong with absolutely no issues.:mad::sigh!:

Hopefully you ordered the H110iGT and not the H110i ?

Don't be silly, the H110i is what he should get.

• I recommend the CoolIT H110i as the CoolIT firmware has more facilities than the Asetek and it reports both fan speeds. The older CoolIT H110iGT is my 2nd choice.

Hi Ray. So before I install the new H110i, I should remove the old SIUSB driver that was installed for the H100iV2, as it is not used for the H110i. Correct? From reading I don't even have to install the Corsair Link package initially to get any new driver for the H110i since I believe it just uses the stock Microsoft HID driver. Is my my understanding correct?

should remove the old SIUSB driver that was installed for the H100iV2

1. You could do. What I would do is use Device Manager to uninstall the H100iV2 and when it asks if you wish to remove the driver say yes. It might be a check box you need to uncheck.
  2. If the H100iV2 is no longer installed by default Device Manager won't show it. From SIV do Menu->Manage->Devices then View->Show hidden devices and to should.
  3. The H110i should just install and CL4 does not need to even be installed.
  4. It should show up in the Device Manager HID section as a Corsair Integrated USB Bridge. It should also be on Devices and Printers.
  5. If there are issues post [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices].

Thanks.

1) Uninstalled Corsair package software via Control Panel

2) Used Show Hidden Devices in Device Manager to show SIxUSB driver

3) Uninstalled driver.

4) Deleted Autorun SIxUSB entry via Autoruns

5) Should have no issues installing H110i:D:

Archived