Corsair Community

Help with H80 (stupid mistake on first build)!

changen

First build by myself and I managed to mess something up.

I was finishing the build with cable management WHILE the computer was running and I pulled the fans out of the fan control units (stupid me). Now the controller does not work at all. Thank god, the pumps still work and I was able to shut my computer down in time before it fried.

The fans no longer work. Molax is still plugged in and running my old harddrive on the same cable. I know there is power going through. I unplugged the PSU in hope that it would reset the controller. Unfortunately it did not.

Soooo.. I am out of an controller or can i still fix it?

If it is broken can I RMA? or is this not covered?

My fan controller also died, no light. This is my second h80 and I already did RMA request but I just don't want to pay 20eur for shipping. Isn't there a chance that corsair sends you new unit and than you send them broken unit back?

sorry that i broke in your post....just the same problem

thanks

changen,, You have a weird situation there. Just pulling the fans from the controller shouldn't have caused the fan controller to quit. The fan would have stopped and even then the CPU wouldn't have overheated with out the fans. Sure the temp would rise a bit higher than normal at idle conditions, but it wouldn't have overheated.

With that said I would try a FW reset and see if that doesn't bring the fans back. If not then go ahead and request an RMA. Or if this is a new unit it might be better or at least faster to return it to your resller first.

I just don't want to pay 20eur for shipping. Isn't there a chance that corsair sends you new unit and than you send them broken unit back?

@kokpa, If this is your second RMA with COrsair they will pick up the shipping costs on second RMA's. Yes, you can ask for an advanced replacement but you will need to call CS to arrange this.

If you have any further questions or problems could you please start your own thread. Although your issue may be similar as you can see the outcome is different

Archived