Corsair Community

H80 fan speed does not correspond with custom curve? (Corsair Link)

bikerchris

Hi there,

Really sorry about this, I know the gems/lifesavers of this forum have seen too many of these kind of messages - I did search the forum before hand but couldn't find anything.

As you'll see from the attached, I have set custom curves for the H80 within the CorsairLink2 Software, and while the CPU temps are within an acceptable range, the fan speed doesn't seem to tie up with the custom curves.

Any ideas for a solution appreciated, but only if you think it's necessary, I've done enough tinkering with this already!

http://www.bikerchris.co.uk/images/IT/hardware/cooling/corsair_link/CorsairLink2-System-view.png

http://www.bikerchris.co.uk/images/IT/hardware/cooling/corsair_link/CorsairLink2-version-info.png

I've attached the images twice, in case the forum attached files aren't high enough resolution.

CorsairLink2-System-view.thumb.jpg.c1e38bfae6b6fd6b8e6f286f2f04a0ce.jpg

CorsairLink2-version-info.png.9bbbbc0f14019ec99175ab00db941596.png

OK, first of all, I really appreciate your contributions Aktivehate & Ram Guy.

So I should move the CPU temp to another group? But I can't seem to do that and surely, each group is 'a' temperature.

In this view, Fan 1 and 2 are CPU fans (for the H80)

http://www.bikerchris.co.uk/images/IT/hardware/cooling/corsair_link/Corsair_Link_Group_view.png

I did actually unplug the water pump temp into the CPU fan header on the mobo. Although it still acts weird, it's showing the correct temperature vs fan speed.

The only thing that's an issue now, is the CPU Cooling fans are on max when I start up, and only alter to the custom curve when I switch to a different default setting ('quiet' for example) and then switch back. Weird :bigeyes:

Drag the % usage box somewhere else or right click>remove from group. To remove it from the CPU temp group.

AS RAM GUY mentioned, the H80 has an CorsairLINK Interface that mean you can use another cable and hook up the H80 to the Commander unit.

OK I've done that, it's being stupid now. I deleted the CPU usage %, saved the profile and shut down the pc. Restarted and fans stayed on max, the only difference is the cooling fans (two either side of the cpu rad) are operating at different speeds, despite having identical custom curves.

I've got to do some work now so I'm going to leave this, but I will create an illustration of my wiring.

Cheers!

• Corsair Employee

I think you may be setting the fans up from the Group page and that will not work it has to be done from the system page and they will not react real time there is a lag time of up to 5 Min for the fans to ramp up I would set the fans for the H80 to run off of the CPU or Fluid temp not the load.

Not to mention iot will look at the fan and set the speed of the fan based on % of what it sees the fan capable of not a speed range that you manually set.

Archived