Corsair Community

1500 Vengenance ISSUES

CNCRaymond

EDIT - March 8th, 2015

Corsair Gaming Headset Software 2.0.35

Audio Driver Version 1.0.0.30

Audio Controller Corsair Gaming H1500 Headset

IS THIS THE CORRECT DRIVER FOR MY HEAD SET? I ask this because I have no clue if they are. They are the drivers that were linked too from the product page. However I don't believe they are working correctly thus I must ask if they are or are not the correct drivers. Hell I don't know if the head set I have is an H100 or Just a Vengenance 1500 ABC version. It was sent to me via RMA and has a blue ring around the ear peaces.

When I use the corsair software to mute my microphone, it doesn't mute it for me. I still hear every sound the mic picks up. NO THE TEST MIC option is NOT ON. The mute appears to work out going but as I said, I can still hear everything.

When I mute the microphone via the system sound device control, properties, levels, it works. The mic is off. However that is a pain in the *** to do each time I need to turn on or off the microphone.

Also the control for the head set blinks blue and red when muted which I think, means somethings wrong. My old head set never blinked. It was either blue or red.

Sorry for the caps, but I have to type in all caps because I haven't been able to figure it out on my own and thus far no one from corsair has bothered to respond and now I am becoming frustrated.

Hello, I am having issues with my 1500 head set and hope someone can please tell me how to address them.

Vengeance 1500

This head set is an RMA issued replacement for a set that failed recently. The new one, (yellow band instead of blue one) have a fresh install of the headsets software. I completely removed the old driver from the system and installed the latest Vengeance gaming headphone software for this head set from its Corsair product page.

The issues I am having are:

1. Even though I mute my mic, it still is active and picks up the ambient sounds of my movement, breathing, etc. I can find no way to disable the mic when I don't need it. It is very annoying to have it picking up the sounds and reverberating them back to me.

2. When I adjust the volume of the head set in general it has two settings, very low, and lets make you deaf. I cannot find a balance between the two settings despite the volume slider. I have to set my system audio master volume to near 0 and then adjust the head set separately in order to get the head set to not cause my ears to bleed.

3. When adjusting the audio while watching a video using Windows Media Player I get a Popping Static sound.

4. When playing Star Trek On Line or other games I get a consistent electrical popping sound and or sound pauses followed by compression audio artifacts. (odd sounds that vary from distorted voices to static intermissions.)

My system specs follow: (And note, I did not have this issue with the older 1500.)

OS - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU - Intel Core i5 @ 3.50GHz

MoBo - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK

GeForce GTX 770 (EVGA)

Kingston SV300S37A120G (Steam lib) and Seagate ST240FP0021 (boot)

K95 Keyboard - K60 Gaming Mouse.

All drivers and Mobo Bios - chipset, etc up to date. (Virus and malware free)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. This headset if driving me nuts. I hear every sound that the mic picks up and I cannot stop it or shut it off when it's not needed. Please provide some sort of resolution to this issue. What am I missing? There is no features or controls apart from mute and volume on and off. And when I mute the mic, IT STILL PICKS UP EVERY SOUND AND SENDS IT TO THE HEAD PHONES! (Mute works for out going, but it still sends the noise it picks up back to me. Its like hearing a consistent Eco of everything in the F-ing room. From sound of air hitting the mic to room ambiance and fan noises.

Please offer some advice on how to fix or address this. What am I missing?

I'm done, I am going to toss these and go buy something else.

Not even tech support can tell me why this is happening. They only say reinstall the drivers and make sure mic check isn't enabled. DER - Um ya, I know to check that. Good god.

The drivers are bad. Pure and simple. They are not working correctly and they are causing issues. Windows only recognizes the head set as "speakers" and not a headset or headphones. Ergo, driver.

Archived