Corsair Community

H100i and 690 II Advanced case

Beerdude

My motherboard won't let me fit the H100i with fans in the top/inside but there is enough space to fit the radiator inside with the fans on top on the outside (with the top cover on).

Is is still ok to have the fans pull air from the outside in this config? From what I've read the last few days, a number of people with this case have done this but there's not total agreement on whats the best direction.

I guess I could buy thinner fans and put it in the inside but I'd rather not so I hope this way works fine.

I have the same case and setup the fans outside the case under the top grill also. Fans are setup to exhaust air and works with no issues except for a rattling noise form the fans (issue is isolated to my unit and not setup). I had it setup to intake air before but it was creating a hot spot in the case causing my motherboard temps to rise. You want to have about equal CFM intake/exhaust

old pic of setup

http://postimg.org/image/jdi58cbwn/

another method for that case is to use the bottom cooling area ( remove the extra hdd bays at the bottom and then you get a couple 120 mm fans and cut the fans out of them ) after you have the motors and fans out of the 120 mm cheapo fans put them between the stock fans and radiator and mount them all together and seal the gaps with duct tape. Only problem with going this route though is those long video cards would prevent it from working.

I ended up using the top as BundD did and pushing the air thru the radiator. I'm still working on my system build waiting for a few more parts but I let it run thru some video for hours and it was very quiet and very cool. I do have a number of other fans in the case that help as well.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived