Can't figure out how to enable XMP

Holyjoely

I recently bought some new Corsair RAM to replace my old faulty RAM. It is advertised to run at 1600MHz but it is currently only running at 1333MHz. After searching I found that if I enabled XMP then my RAM should change the settings so that it will run correctly at 1600MHz, however in the guides on how to do this they go to a tab in the BIOS called "AI Tweaker". When I go into my BIOS I don't have this tab. I checked that both my RAM and motherboard support XMP and I can't figure out how to enable it. After further searching I was told to look for "JumperFree Configuration" under the "Advanced" tab in my motherboard and I couldn't find this either. Attached is in image of what I see under the advanced tab in my BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

530657918_Photo10-07-2012214202.jpg.26a6d6868bf15397e20544b1b98f0017.jpg

From what i can find on line and your manual that MB was designed for a system integrator board and all necessary overclocking settings may be locked and inaccessible. That is where The XMP setting would be.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/264308-29-asus-p7h55m-locked-bios-settings

Looks like you are stuck with 1333mhz. Sorry

Bugger, that's annoying.

Edit: I had a look on the Asus website and there are a bunch of BIOS updates to install, most of them contain a "Memory Compatibility" improvement, is it possible that this would add the extra features to the BIOS?

It certainly can and does often fix these types of issues. However in your case where those features are locked, i'm not sure they will be unlocked with a BIOS update.

You have nothing to loose and 1600mhz to gain! I would give it a shot!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!;):

Just install the latest ones as it will contain all the information in the previous ones but will also contain the latest update.

It certainly can and does often fix these types of issues. However in your case where those features are locked, i'm not sure they will be unlocked with a BIOS update.

You have nothing to loose and 1600mhz to gain! I would give it a shot!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!;):

Just install the latest ones as it will contain all the information in the previous ones but will also contain the latest update.

Ok, I'll try it in a minute. I would say though that I don't currently have any features locked or greyed-out, they simply don't appear at all. Thanks for your help so far and I'll let you know how it goes.

Archived