Corsair Community

CL problems with LED (H100i)

Latstyle

ok first of all i explain all my steps with installation.

had really old version of CL 2.4 i think

uninstalled it, installed latest 3.X version and updated firmware till 1.1.3.

then uninstalled 3.X version and installed 4.2.0.162

installation went well and all my hardware was identified

went to LED section and changed LED color to RED (R-255,G-0,B-0) pressed OK, then Apply and minimized soft to tray. checked my LED on Waterblock - yup Juicy Red, all fine.

and here where problem starts. if i reboot PC.. all gonna be fine. if i turn OFF PC and turn it ON.. then my RED LED will become Pink and if i check CL soft i will still see there (R-255,G-0,B-0) like nothing changed and if i even try to move sliders to reset it back to RED-255 CL soft ignore it (anymoves with mouse on RED pattern will be ignored) .. until i choose totally different color, like Green for example.

It's down to a well know firmware bug. set 255,1,1 to work-a-round it

I have done that but after a reboot the light on my H100i is back to white again, to get it back to red i have to open Link and change to another profile and then change back again, also the light will flash randomly back to white for a split second than back to red.

This has only started happening with V4 never happened before.

I have done that but after a reboot the light on my H100i is back to white again

I have just checked what happens with my H100i that is set to 255,1,1 and when I power on the LED is whitish for a few seconds and then it turns red. I expect it's whitish while the H100i firmware is initialising.

When I then start-up CL4 my H100i it remains red.

I guess you have CL4 starting when the system boots. I am wondering if CL4 is interacting with the H100i before the H100i firmware has initialised. What happens if you set CL4 not to start when the system boots?

Just tried without Corsair Link running at bootup and it was still white, opened up Corsair Link and it stayed white until i changed profile and then changed back again.

Seems to me Corsair Link is just not sending the correct values to the H100i unless i force it manually.

Seems to me Corsair Link is just not sending the correct values to the H100i unless i force it manually.

I used my own utility rather then CL to send the 255,1,1 so maybe it is CL4 as it's rather new and I am none to impressed with this initial release testing.

Are you 100% sure you have the H100i 1.1.3 firmware? I suspect that is all that CL4 was tested with.

I used my own utility rather then CL to send the 255,1,1 so maybe it is CL4 as it's rather new and I am none to impressed with this initial release testing.

Are you 100% sure you have the H100i 1.1.3 firmware? I suspect that is all that CL4 was tested with.

Yep positive its 1.1.3

attachment.php?attachmentid=24185&stc=1&d=1454426218

At this point im thinking of just going back to the old Corsair Link as i had no issues with that.

Untitled-1.jpg.68409b843c0d4f2aae7192096b18206f.jpg

Archived