Corsair Community

Sp120 problem.

Bigsleep62

Hi bud.. if you swap the ports the fans are plugged into on the RGB Fan LED Hub does the flickering move with them?...

Weird stuff happening. Basically when I set all fans to static neon green, there was very little flickering. I changed the weird fans color to red and it starrted flickering between red and green, while the others remained green. I switched the fans around, and the previously red/green one now just flickers green, but two others now also flicker green and the one I swapped it with is static red. Is it possible the fan hub is bugging out? Or is it the LNP the fan hub is plugged into?

Weird stuff happening. Basically when I set all fans to static neon green, there was very little flickering. I changed the weird fans color to red and it starrted flickering between red and green, while the others remained green. I switched the fans around, and the previously red/green one now just flickers green, but two others now also flicker green and the one I swapped it with is static red. Is it possible the fan hub is bugging out? Or is it the LNP the fan hub is plugged into?

Never mind, I just changed the fan hub too the physical control instead of the LNP and it started working. Thats just great. I bought the LNP second hand and I guess it doesnt like 5 fans. That kinda pisses me off as it worked just fine with 3 fans. I wonder if getting another fan hub and plugging the fans in would work... Do you think their is any way corsair would be willing to RMA the second hand LNP?

If you bought the LNP new and have proof of purchase then should be no problem with RMA if it's at fault. but no not with a secondhand one . if all is working fine with the Button controller then it's possible its the LNP... Are you using LINK or iCue?

If you bought the LNP new and have proof of purchase then should be no problem with RMA if it's at fault. but no not with a secondhand one . if all is working fine with the Button controller then it's possible its the LNP... Are you using LINK or iCue?

Currently Link but I used iCue before and thtas what caused me to use link, it didnt work on either. I think I should be fine though because I was planning on getting a bunch of LED strips and another LNP and if the fans dont work with that one its ok cause Ill have purchased it from Corsair, so I guess I'll just use the buttons for now until I end up getting the new LNP. Ill just use my current one for all the LEDs. I poked around online a little and found some people had some problems with LNP's and SP120s. Hopefully it all goes well. Thank you for your helpful responses.

OK buddy.. Good luck on your quest :).. happy to help :)

I contacted Corsair support and because theyre new they suggested I get a replacement, the store is sending a replacement and letting me keep the ones that dont really work. My question here is, if I leave the fans plugged into the fan hub and dont use all of them in Corsair Link, everything will be fine right? For example, I have 6 fans plugged in but only run color on 4 of them by telling Link that there are only 4 fans. I want to do this because the "faulty" fans work on certain colors (static white they do not blink, if I set it to rainbow they flicker), so when I want white I can add two fans in Link and set everything to white and it works, but if I want rainbow I can set Link to 4 fans and set those to rainbow. I hope that makes sense. I just want to make sure I dont damage the fans or the hub or anything.

• Corsair Employee

That is a really odd behavior from those fans where it only works on certain lighting profile. But yeah, having 4 fans running a different profile from the other 2 is fine.

Did our tech support ask for those fans to be sent back for evaluation? It'd help our validation team track the root cause of this behavior.

That is a really odd behavior from those fans where it only works on certain lighting profile. But yeah, having 4 fans running a different profile from the other 2 is fine.

Did our tech support ask for those fans to be sent back for evaluation? It'd help our validation team track the root cause of this behavior.

I called tech support and since they’re new they told me to get a new set from the store I bought it from.

Archived