Corsair Community

Corsair LINK 4 (v4.9.7.35)

quangteo44

I also noticed I dont see my SSD drives temps like I did with 4.6 - I hear this version has some bugs yet to be fixed :/

This has been mentioned on many posts going back a couple of versions.

The hard drive temps were removed pending investigation and potential fix for the hard drive clicking issue that caused a massive uproar on the forum over multiple versions. Once a root cause is firmly identified and/or the issue is fixed, drive temps may return.

So the missing drive temps is not a bug.

The hard drive temps were removed pending investigation and potential fix for the hard drive clicking issue that caused a massive uproar on the forum over multiple versions. Once a root cause is firmly identified and/or the issue is fixed, drive temps may return.

So the missing drive temps is not a bug.

Understood, I wonder if this is why I lost my Seagate 1.5TB HDD a few months ago, click of death and would never return to normal. I even tried the freezing trick and it didn't fix it. Thanks for the info.

Understood, I wonder if this is why I lost my Seagate 1.5TB HDD a few months ago, click of death and would never return to normal. I even tried the freezing trick and it didn't fix it. Thanks for the info.

From what I understand, the issue was actually pretty specific to certain Western Digital drives. I think that it's unlikely that it was related to your Seagate's demise.

Do you recall having constant clicking with earlier versions of Link? With my Toshiba drive, I did not or, at least, I couldn't hear it.

Do you recall having constant clicking with earlier versions of Link? With my Toshiba drive, I did not or, at least, I couldn't hear it.

I believe it was some flavor of 4.6 but in all honesty I believe this drive's death was not caused by Link.

I think it was just time for it go, It was in use since March of 2009 so I did get a lot of years out of it. I also voided the warranty by taking it apart and trying to fix it myself but I didn't care it was old and I didn't have much to lose with it regardless. When I gave up trying to fix it, I took it to a recycling facility and they took care of it that was copacetic to our environment. :D

I believe it was some flavor of 4.6 but in all honesty I believe this drive's death was not caused by Link.

I think it was just time for it go, It was in use since March of 2009 so I did get a lot of years out of it. I also voided the warranty by taking it apart and trying to fix it myself but I didn't care it was old and I didn't have much to lose with it regardless. When I gave up trying to fix it, I took it to a recycling facility and they took care of it that was copacetic to our environment. :D

Yeah, that's an old drive. I do hope that you put a drill through the platters just to make sure that it was completely unrecoverable. :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived