Corsair Community

Check your 12v voltages with a multimeter

mik77

• 2 weeks later...
I've done some more testing and I'm quite sure that my motherboard sensor is reading voltages wrongly. It worked well till I had this problem. I've checked voltages again with another multimeter and they are ok. My misfortune is to have used two inaccurate devices (motherboard and my multimeter) that were giving me approx the same wrong readings (really odd). I'm embarrassed for dubitating about Corsair quality. Thanks to the staff for supporting me.

I've done some more testing and I'm quite sure that my motherboard sensor is reading voltages wrongly. It worked well till I had this problem. I've checked voltages again with another multimeter and they are ok. My misfortune is to have used two inaccurate devices (motherboard and my multimeter) that were giving me approx the same wrong readings (really odd). I'm embarrassed for dubitating about Corsair quality. Thanks to the staff for supporting me.

You are the Man!.. nice bit of up front honesty there!!! glad you are sorted dude

• 3 months later...
I've done some more testing and I'm quite sure that my motherboard sensor is reading voltages wrongly. It worked well till I had this problem. I have to check voltages again with another multimeter and they are ok. My misfortune is to have used two inaccurate devices (motherboard and my multimeter) that were giving me approx the same wrong readings (really odd). I'm embarrassed for dubitating about Corsair quality. Thanks to the staff for supporting me.

Ahh.. that means cheap multimeter may give inaccurate result! I need to change my multimeter(will buy Fluke) to test voltage.

Archived