Corsair Community

AX1200 psu having sleep/wake issues

qUAan

Hello.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

My system would remain on and power settings are in default.

So it would sleep when possible. But upon wake.

The system turns On then Off. On and Off and then remains ON and boots normal into windows 8.1.

Nothing changed in my system except swapping out a Titan gpu with a Titan X.

That's when it stated happening.

You think it's the psu?

• Corsair Employee

So the PC is in sleep mode, right?

So when you say it eventually "boots normal" into Windows, do you mean to say that it reboots Windows completely or it comes out of sleep into Windows?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

So the PC is rebooting.

When the PC comes out of sleep, it should just go to the login page.

I've never seen this with a higher end PSU. What sleep states do you have enabled in the BIOS? If you disable C6/C7, does the problem persist? Do you have the newest BIOS for your board?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all!

We've put a blog post up that explains why there may be a compatibility issue with some power supplies and the new Intel Haswell CPU's low power sleep states. This blog post will be updated as we learn more.

http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/haswell-compatibility-with-corsair-power-supplies/

It's the first post made by OP, don't mean to troll or pick an argument, I do have a problem with both ax1200 and axi 1500i. Which remains unresolved.

• Corsair Employee
So its NOT 100% compatible with Haswell if it has sleep issues.

granted the PSU works.

No. It IS 100% Haswell compatible. And I'm not saying you're not having problems. I'm just saying the problems you are having are not BECAUSE of Haswell compatibility.

If you've already posted your own threads about this problem, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to respond. I'm in Computex this week. But I would like to keep this thread on topic and when I have a moment, I'll happily look at your other threads. This one keeps popping up in my Inbox because I have notifications on for it.

I have the exact same issue with identical behavior. When resuming from sleep via mouse or keyboard key press system goes on, off, on, off, on and into normal post.

Happens intermittently. I have a HX750i PSU with an Asus Z97-PRO mobo (latest BIOS) running Windows 7

I'm going to try and disable the C6/C7 sleep states, see if it make any difference - but it may take a few days to tell due to the intermittent nature of the issue. The one setting that looks interesting on the C6 sleep state in the BIOS is the latency. It's set to short, while the C7 latency is set to long. Wondering if that might be a contributing factor. Oh well - to isolate one issue at a time I plan on going through every combo of C6/C7 sleep states until i run out of them, or it starts to work.

If anyone has already solved this problem - please let me know.

While not definitive by any means, since I disabled the C6/C7 sleep states in the mobo, I've had 3 days without the wake from sleep issue that I was having.

Since the issue was intermittent (but occurring on average at least 1x per day prior to when I made the change on 6/9), I'll need to give it another week before being comfortable that it has solved my issue (see attached reliability history, each red X is the wake from sleep issue): Capture.thumb.JPG.5fc60cb910dab0057a862d28b7e33d0a.JPG

Unfortunately, even if this has solved the issue it doesn't do anything to tell me what the root cause was. Is it the PSU? Is it the mobo? Is it the combination of the two? Ultimately, if this proves to have fixed it, I'll probably just give up trying to find the cause because as easy as it would be to swap out the PSU - I don't think I could conclusively prove anything without also swapping out the mobo - and I have no intention on doing that.

Well I tested my as us z97 deluxe mobi against

Corsair ax1200 that would wake from sleep but it would first turn on turn off turn on turn off then turn on and resume to desktop.

Corsair 1500i upon wake it would turn on and turn off, and remain off with the psu status light red. At this stage I would have to turn the switch off from the psu and turn it on and power it up to normal boot.

Upon windows desktop the mobo would show and remain showing qcode 30.

I tried disabling c6/c7 but it didn't help. Maybe I am missing something.

While not definitive by any means, since I disabled the C6/C7 sleep states in the mobo, I've had 3 days without the wake from sleep issue that I was having.

Well, looks like I spoke too soon. On day 4 the problem came back, but now instead of happening once a day or so, now it happens every time I try to wake.

The easiest next step would be for me to try some other random PSU (whatever I can get my hands on). We'll see what happens then.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been so long since I posted a follow up to this topic. After much trial and error (swapping out the PSU, fresh OS install, swap out of every internal component other than the MOBO), I believe I've finally permanently solved this issue (at least in my case).

It turns out the whole resume from sleep issue appears to have been due to an incorrectly seated 24pin-ATX power cable either at the MOBO or at the PSU (I cannot be sure). That simple.

I feel ridiculous, but hopefully my pain can solve this problem for the next person who comes along with it.

Archived