Corsair Community

H80i V2 Custom fan curve

John11

has anyone got a good custom fan curve for the h80i V2 so the fans never go over 50% cos its damn loud over 50% and I don't know if there is a bug with the corsair link but if I have a custom fan curve and set the max temp to 42c with 50% fan speed all is ok but any degree over the 42c the fans go nuts and jump to full 100% its like a jet fighter taking off why dont the fans stay at 50% with any temp over the 42C I have set

got it set right now on 20c-25% 25c-25% 30c-30% 34c-38% 39c-45% 44c-50% i had to set the upper limit to 44c at 50% cos any degree over the upper limit the fans just go nuts to 100% its loud over 50% that's why i have set it to 50% max fan speed

corsair needs the fix the corsair link program so the fans don't go over the 50% with the upper limit temp i have set up in custom curve cos any degree over the limit i have set fans just go full 100% which is stupid

Can ya post a screen shot?

And there's no reason why you can't put the upper limit to something that, under normal usage, you shouldn't go over if that's the problem. Say ... 50C. That way you'll have a very noticeable audible indicator that something is wrong.

yeah that's why i have it at 44c at 50% the temp only tops out at around 42c/43c so the fans stay below 50% it's stupid when it jumps from 50% to 100% if there is any degree of temp over the upper limit i have set

• 1 month later...
Can any i give some curve tips? Mine is 20c-30%, 25c-40%, 27c-50%, 29c-60%, 32c-70%, 35c-80%

So ... let's start with some basics.

1) What is your normal ambient temperature?

2) What temperature does your coolant get to under extended load? By this, I mean run of 20 minutes or more with a stress testing tool such as Aida or ROG RealBench? You should get to a stable point where it doesn't go much higher.

3) What's more important to you ... noise or performance? Or a balance?

So ... let's start with some basics.

1) What is your normal ambient temperature?

2) What temperature does your coolant get to under extended load? By this, I mean run of 20 minutes or more with a stress testing tool such as Aida or ROG RealBench? You should get to a stable point where it doesn't go much higher.

3) What's more important to you ... noise or performance? Or a balance?

First of all thanks for your help.

1. Room temp is 23c, outside 18c.

2. I'll check it.

3. I usually play games, so when im playing i would rather performance but when on desktop i would rather noise.

I made a realbench stress test (15minutes) and my coolant get 32.5c

Btw here is my benchmark https://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=22919

That doesn't sound like it hit the max ... and 15 minutes is kinda short to get to your max temperature.

20-30 minutes is a guideline ... basically, you need to run until the temperature stays level for a while.

That said ... that's actually pretty good.

First, if your ambient temperature is 23C, then that's the coolest that the radiator can be.

So ... perhaps start with something like this:

20C - 35% / 25C - 35% / 30C - 50% / 33C - 60% / 36C - 60% / 40C - 80%

This will keep you at or below 50% for what should be your desktop/idle usage scenario, which should be reasonably quiet. You may want to move the 25C mark up a degree or two. Once you hit 33C, it should be noticeable but not unbearable and stays at that level until you hit 36C. At 40C, you'll hear the fans pretty loudly.

This is assuming that you're using the stock fans but should also work with the MLs. From what I've seen, at least with the MLs, you actually start getting diminishing returns at higher fan speeds.

Of course, feel free to play with it, tweak it based on your system's performance and your own tolerance for the fan noise.

That doesn't sound like it hit the max ... and 15 minutes is kinda short to get to your max temperature.

20-30 minutes is a guideline ... basically, you need to run until the temperature stays level for a while.

That said ... that's actually pretty good.

First, if your ambient temperature is 23C, then that's the coolest that the radiator can be.

So ... perhaps start with something like this:

20C - 35% / 25C - 35% / 30C - 50% / 33C - 60% / 36C - 60% / 40C - 80%

This will keep you at or below 50% for what should be your desktop/idle usage scenario, which should be reasonably quiet. You may want to move the 25C mark up a degree or two. Once you hit 33C, it should be noticeable but not unbearable and stays at that level until you hit 36C. At 40C, you'll hear the fans pretty loudly.

This is assuming that you're using the stock fans but should also work with the MLs. From what I've seen, at least with the MLs, you actually start getting diminishing returns at higher fan speeds.

Of course, feel free to play with it, tweak it based on your system's performance and your own tolerance for the fan noise.

Ok i did 30 mins stress test, results are: H80i v2 max:34.8C, my cpu was max:83C, room was 20.5C with your custom curve settings.

Unfortunately, you don't have a good comparison as your previous test was only 15 minutes. To compare with the previous, you'd need to check at the 15 minute mark.

That said, your coolant isn't going crazy ... that's a good temp. You should have noticed a slow climb in the coolant temperature and then it settling around that max temperature. How long did it take to get to this plateau? Your CPU will have spikes unless you delid; there's not much that can be done about that as the Intel TIM is notoriously crappy. But your max temperature isn't outside what I would expect from a non-delidded Kaby Lake. I find the average temperature during the run to be more telling.

Now ... the more important part ... was the noise acceptable for you? You shouldn't have gotten over 60% fan speed, so it shouldn't (IMHO) have been too loud.

Archived