Corsair Community

Bug Report: HS1 drivers and EeePC Tray Utility

C101

Hi,

I just got the HS1 yesterday, and everything works fine except for one small conflict that came up with my netbook (Asus EeePC 1000HE and the HS1 drivers. The EeePC that I have is running windows XP Home.

The EeePC tray utility is a program that comes with the ASUS Eee netbook line, which allows for various hardware control aspects via the function keys. One hardware output that it governs is the volume controls. On the Eee100HE, there are three, a mute, volume down, and volume up, which are found as a function of the F10, F11, and F12 keys, respectively.

When I installed the HS1 driver package on the netbook, the controller attached to the cord worked as designed, however, later on when I was using the netbook without the HS1 plugged in, I found that the function-based volume controls ceased to function.

I have since tested the volume control keys with the headset plugged in, and they still do not respond as they should. I should also note that the volume controls within windows(by clicking the speaker symbol in the task bar) work fine, and the volume can be adjusted that way.

I just thought that you guys may want to hear about this particular instance of driver conflict, and I am not disappointed because of this. I understand that it is simply not feasible to test every software and hardware configuration that exists, and something like a bit of software found only on a certain line of netbooks would be easy to overlook.

One other minor issue that I found after typing up this post is that when muting the headphones via the mute button on the control pod, the speaker icon in the windows task bar does not display/change to the muted icon. It does display the bar in the volume panel moving up and down when the volume is raised up and down, however.

Edit: On another related sidenote, the mute button on the control pod appearss to be completely non-responsive when plugged into my netbook, though the colors on the pod do change from blue to red, the sound does not mute. I shall investigate this further on my PC later.

One other minor issue that I found after typing up this post is that when muting the headphones via the mute button on the control pod, the speaker icon in the windows task bar does not display/change to the muted icon. It does display the bar in the volume panel moving up and down when the volume is raised up and down, however.

Edit: On another related sidenote, the mute button on the control pod appearss to be completely non-responsive when plugged into my netbook, though the colors on the pod do change from blue to red, the sound does not mute. I shall investigate this further on my PC later.

The mute button on the headset dongle mutes the microphone and not the audio. When it is red, the microphone is off and when it is blue the microphone is on.

The mute button on the headset dongle mutes the microphone and not the audio. When it is red, the microphone is off and when it is blue the microphone is on.

Right! How could I forget :o: It was rather late, so I can at least blame that...

Archived