Corsair Community

Amazing headset but but broke after 1 month :(

crxer

This is such an amazing headset i bought at frys on sale for 80 dollars it worked like previous 200 dollar headsets ive owned.

But after about a month a few days ago actually i purchased it i Nov. The cord just stopped working properly i have to menuever it for the sound to work but it only lasts for 3-4 seconds then it either gets very silent or does not work at all. All i can hear is the background and music in low quality. I tried everything replacing the drivers using it on 3 different computers, untangled the cord the headset is in great condition. I also tried changing the settings in the corsair audio manager but nothing worked.

The wire on this headset is just not made to last or maybe i got a bad one. I hope i can still RMA the headset and get it fixed i have the UPC code and the sale receipt the store warranty expired though. I don't have the original box my roommate threw it away on accident (i usually keep all the boxes if programs i buy). Can i still RMA with a UPC code+ sales receipt and the original headset?

i kept the cable very safe nothing is ripped, everything looks clean and undamaged, i used the strap so it wouldn't get too entangled guess i just got a bad headset. Does wiggly cable mean that by wiggling the cable or bending it in some way, it causes the sound to work like it should for a few seconds? I would be fine if it could work normally with the cable bent or whatever in a certain way but no matter what i try it just works for a few seconds. Ya i filled the RMA form i just wanted to clarify everything.

Same thing started happening with my headset. About a month after purchase as well. I have kept the cord in excellent condition, using the supplied cord strap to get rid of excess slack. However, it seems like the connection into the volume control (from the headphones side) is shorting on something. Moving the volume control around usually causes the sound to click out and back in. There will still be sound, but it will sound muffled and from another room (like not all the audio data is being passed to the speakers). Also, the majority of bass is gone and it sounds like the sound is originating from behind (in the virtual surround sound)

I'm worried as it as only been a month and I really love these headphones. I feel it might have been a design flaw in the cabling (and not a faulty product) where the cable support from the volume control doesn't extend far enough up the cable. The support usually is to prevent the cable from crimping and shorting under normal use.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Corsair-HS1-Headset,H-9-261117-13.jpg

Here you can see the volume control where the cable supports are small little plastic knobs that don't extend far up the cables (provide little support).

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Corsair-HS1-Headset,H-7-261115-13.jpg

The headset portion, however has a good inch of support up the cable, using the standard ribbed rubber. I think if this was used on the volume dongle as well, it would have eliminated much stress on the wires at the dongle and stopped the shorting.

=(

I might just RMA these, but I would hate to be without headphones during the christmas break. I would consider openning the volume dongle and seeing if something came loose that I could fix myself, but I am worried that would void any warranty. Anyone have any thoughts?

Same thing started happening with my headset. About a month after purchase as well. I have kept the cord in excellent condition, using the supplied cord strap to get rid of excess slack. However, it seems like the connection into the volume control (from the headphones side) is shorting on something. Moving the volume control around usually causes the sound to click out and back in. There will still be sound, but it will sound muffled and from another room (like not all the audio data is being passed to the speakers). Also, the majority of bass is gone and it sounds like the sound is originating from behind (in the virtual surround sound)

I'm worried as it as only been a month and I really love these headphones. I feel it might have been a design flaw in the cabling (and not a faulty product) where the cable support from the volume control doesn't extend far enough up the cable. The support usually is to prevent the cable from crimping and shorting under normal use.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Corsair-HS1-Headset,H-9-261117-13.jpg

Here you can see the volume control where the cable supports are small little plastic knobs that don't extend far up the cables (provide little support).

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Corsair-HS1-Headset,H-7-261115-13.jpg

The headset portion, however has a good inch of support up the cable, using the standard ribbed rubber. I think if this was used on the volume dongle as well, it would have eliminated much stress on the wires at the dongle and stopped the shorting.

=(

I might just RMA these, but I would hate to be without headphones during the Holidays break. I would consider openning the volume dongle and seeing if something came loose that I could fix myself, but I am worried that would void any warranty. Anyone have any thoughts?

Same thing here :mad::mad:

Really bad cabling

• 3 weeks later...
Alright, so the holidays are over and I have gotten my gaming in to last me awhile. I am still having the same problem with the cables around the volume dongle and I'm wondering if I take the volume dongle apart, (in the chance its a quick fix so I don't have to ship it to Corsair), will that void any warranty on the product? If so, I'm just going to RMA it. It would be stupid for both corsair and myself to ship it if its just a stupid solder point or something that is bad.

Archived