Corsair Community

Athlon Barton XP2800 Running at 1250MHz

Albert

My machine is displaying a current CPU speed of 1250MHz when it should be 2083MHz I have an Athlon Barton XP2800 ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Bios Revision 1006 Corsair TWINX 1GB XMS 3200 C2Pro My current bios settings are: CPU External Freq 166MHz CPU Frequency Multiple Setting [Auto] x CPU Frequency Multiple 12.5x System Performance [Optimal] x CPU Interface Optimal Memory Frequency [Auto] Resulting Frequency Auto x Memory timeings Optimal x SDRAM Active Precharge delay 7 x SDRAM RAS to CAS delay 3 x SDRAM RAS Precharge delay 3 x SDRAM CAS latency 2T FSB Spread Spectrum [0.5%] AGP Spread Spectrum [Disabled] CPU Vcore Setting [Auto] x CPU Vcore 1.650V What am I doing wrong here to get 1250MHz out of my CPU??

• Corsair Employee
Please try and load setup defaults and then set these settings. CPU External Freq 166MHz CPU Frequency Multiple Setting [Auto] x CPU Frequency Multiple 12.5x System Performance [Aggressive] x CPU Interface Optimal Memory Frequency:: 100% Resulting Frequency 166Mhz x Memory timeings Optimal x SDRAM Active Precharge delay 6 x SDRAM RAS to CAS delay 3 x SDRAM RAS Precharge delay 3 x SDRAM CAS latency 2T FSB Spread Spectrum [0.5%] AGP Spread Spectrum [Disabled] CPU Vcore Setting [Auto] x CPU Vcore 1.650V

When I set system performance to Aggressive it greys out the following: x CPU Interface Aggressive x Memory frequency 100% Resulting Frequency 166Mhz x Memory timings aggressive x SDRAM Precharge Delay 7 x SDRAM RAS to CAS delay 3 x SDRAM RAS Precharge 3 x SDRAM CAS latency 2T and x CPU Vcore 1.650V The System then still boots as a 1250MHz The only way to change the SDRAM Precharge Delay to 6 as suggested was to change system performance to User Defined . Something very strange though... I was looking at the FSB jumper to check that it was in the correct position and it seemed loose. I took it off after disconnecting the power of course and then put it back into place and reconnected the power. When I booted the CPU was displayed as 2800+ .. What the ???? I thought it was all fixed. Upon a restart of the PC it reverted back to 1250MHz. Now to get it to work as a 2083MHz I repeat the jumper bit and it works every time. The jumper selects between FSB400/333/266 which is default or FSB 200 it says the FSB400 support is for PCB2.0 or later versions only. Any ideas on why I have to do this with the jumper each time to get my system to perform correctly?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived