Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Mk2 Silent

Viron

Hello all,

Today ICUE said there was an update, but before I updated ICUE it said my Strafe RGB Mk2 Silent needed a firmware update so I clicked on the update.

It said it failed to update then the KB bricked. I have searched for a fix, tried the soft reset with the escape button unplugging and replugging that did not work.

I was going to try to replace the firmware.bin file for the keyboard in the CRP DISABLD drive, but I cannot where to download the newest/previous file.

Maybe I have not looked hard enough but the support downloads on corsair just leads me to the ICUE software and that does not recognize my KB being plugged in.

Thanks in advance.

Edit, guess I had to submit a ticket to support. Should have read more carefully.

Edited by Viron

• Corsair Employee

Sorry to hear you guys are experiencing this issue. We do have firmware files available to send you, however it will need to be done through our support ticket system to ensure you receive the appropriate file and instructions to perform a manual update. If you haven't already created a ticket, you can do so through the link below.

https://support.corsair.com/

This has been by far the worst customer experience ever. Has anyone been sent a WORKING firmware file? I've done the CRP_DISABLD > delete firmware.bin > replace with firmware file > unplug and plug back in 4 times to no avail. I've done the soft reset of hold the ESC key while plugging it in. Nothing. I opened my ticket on Jan. 21st, and I have gotten NOWHERE with support.

• 2 months later...

Have Corsair sorted this yet?

Wife’s Strafe Mk2 has issues but I darent update the firmware that’s available in case it bricks it like the cases above. Seems from the responses that the firmware been sent is no better.

Beyond disappointed, is this another Corsair product they’ll abandon and just release a newer version because they can’t seem to fix it?

Wulf