Corsair Community

Keyboard is Typing Random Letters after Gaming

Mojjoh

Corsair is replacing my K70 LUX red backlight keyboard. But here's a word of advice. If you call customer service. MAKE SURE YOU'RE TALKING TO SOMEONE IN THE UNITED STATES. Some of their calls get routed to Manilla and they're all screwed up. Wasted an hour on the phone with someone who couldn't even process a credit card "call your bank" bs routine. Nothing wrong with the credit card. U.S. customer service rep did the transaction in 2 minutes.

• 6 months later...
Same issue here, I think it's an issue with win 10 and certain chipsets. My main box is a gigabyte 990fxa - ud5 with a 9370 on it, corsair h100i cooler, corsair mouse, external blue ray burner nvidia 1060 video card, 16 gig ram. 1 terabyte wd ssd drive. there is not much software on here I was trying to see if the issue returned after a full reinstall of windows 10. I found a chipset driver update on the amd site that gigabyte doesn't have on their website (probably because it's an old board now). That seemed to help but the issue returned. I have a razer mechanical that I just returned for what's probably the same issue, it is working fine right now. An older roccat board also did it and a cheapo usb mini keyboard I had for a gaming console was fine at first now doing it to. Random characters wild spacing across the screen, no backspace or shift just all sorts of fun stuff. The weird thing is this started when i installed my netgear gaming router, it had some sort of idiot proofing running during the install, I saw it running and seem to remember some opinions that those utilities are really just malware that cause issues but even after the reinstall when that stuff should be gone it still happens. In the ancient days when you had to be concerned about interrupt (IRQ) conflicts my instinct would be to wonder if something like that was going on but that should not happen in these modern times. Please fix my keyboard I hate that other product that I have to use until this is straightened out. Before you ask the problems occurred before the corsair utilities were loaded so that is not all of the problem if you ask me. Acck annoying crap to say the least.

And now I have this exact problem with a K70 LUX RGB. Support ticket created. I had tried it on different computers to no avail - any press of the 't' key gives me a string of garbage. Hopefully they'll replace it quickly.

• 6 months later...
Hi all, I have the Corsair k70 LUX which was sent into corsair for RMA and when the new keyboard arrived it had the same spamming issue. My friend ended up getting a new keyboard so he gave the k70 to me and I proceeded to tear it down to look for issues that may be causing the spamming. I took the keyboard apart entirely and after seeing no major flaws slowly put it back together. When I got to the screws I plugged the keyboard in and put each screw in (making sure not to torque it down to hard) one by one while testing the keys causing the spamming. So far it has been a little over a month and I have had no repeat of the issue. So long story short, the case screws may be torqued down to much and the added pressure of hitting the button may be causing the rest of the keys to short out. It has worked for me and it may work for you, however this will most likely void your warranty so use this process if you don't care about that.

The solution that I got from support said to unplug the keyboard, hold the ESC key down while plugging in the keyboard & hold for 10 seconds, then release. That should fix the issue.

I came here to actually post that my K70 Rapid fire is having this issue every other day, literally. It's so ****ing annoying that I'm about done putting up with it.

Edited by forumMember

• 6 months later...
Hi. I have seen that happen a bit just when I got the keyboard years ago, but it magically went away. Today the problem came back with extra force. I cleaned my keyboard today, so there is something to think about. BUT! I have noticed that when I switch the back-light completely off there is no problem. Switch it on - it starts. I deem a short of some sort but don't take my word for it.

I have the same issue which just sprung up yesterday. I thought it was an ingame bug as after restarting it went away. But now it seems its a hardware issue. tried it on two machines, did the reset, and cleaned my pc and its still on. I reallly would prefer not to part with my keyboard as i love the guy, but in worst case scenario ill contact corsair. Im a little worried though as i cant find a receipt, would they be willing to fix it even without it? Edited by Foxford

• 5 months later...

I had this problem where the keyboard started typing seemingly random characters. What I found was that in the keyboard settings of my Macbook it was identifying the keyboard as "Razor Deathadder Elite" which is a mouse. As soon as I switched it back to Corsair K70 everything was back to normal again. Might be worth checking in your controls what the operating system is identifying your keyboard as.

I use a switcher to switch my mouse and keyboard between my PC and my Macbook and I guess it just got confused somewhere.

• 9 months later...