Corsair Community

anyway to group the fans

will_s

You want to change the lot and you have to do everyone singularly..........now surely there is a way to group all the fans together in link and by changing one you can change the lot ?

I have Commander Pro and the answer should be in my face but I think I am missing it

• Corsair Employee

The problem is you have a bunch of competing lighting ecosystems right now. ASUS is trying to get everyone on board AURA SYNC, MSI is trying to get everyone on board Mystic Light, and so on. We've been building up the Corsair Link ecosystem for years.

I'd love for Link to control fans and lighting on motherboards, but that's much more difficult than it seems at first blush. We ARE working on it with a partner, though. Details to come in the coming months.

The problem is you have a bunch of competing lighting ecosystems right now. ASUS is trying to get everyone on board AURA SYNC, MSI is trying to get everyone on board Mystic Light, and so on. We've been building up the Corsair Link ecosystem for years.

I'd love for Link to control fans and lighting on motherboards, but that's much more difficult than it seems at first blush. We ARE working on it with a partner, though. Details to come in the coming months.

don't get me wrong otherwise I wouldn't have the Corsair products I have :-)

At the moment I have Asus Aura, Aorus Graphics Engine as well as Corsair link. Its a pain but the real problem is the Asus and Aorus software is cheap and nasty ....I cant set the colours for my "temperatures" ...at the moment I have my LCD fans on a lovely green ( in the white 780T ) and it turns to Blue

when the temp gets above 55 and Orange when it gets to over 70C with a warning set elsewhere when it gets above 856C ( red ). Dont need apps showing temps etc..........just a glance shows me Graphics Card temps

Would be nice for extra temp setting...ie 4 instead of 3 and would be so good to be able to use shift key and select all the fans to do the same settings for each..just like with files where you can select first and last and then just change one setting

The Aura software for our board is a disaster and the new and revolutionary RGB control system that lets you set the color by Red, Green, and Blue values (sort of) is encumbered with the small technical issue of not being able to remember its settings. I would suggest making use of the off switch until the new version is released later this week, although I am not sure I have liked any of them in the time I have used this motherboard. Like you, I am balancing 4 different RGB control systems. It's only been three weeks and I am tired of it. I would suggest minimizing or simplifying which ones you use. It is too tedious to try and keep in all blended together, particularly if you use some settings that are application linked.

Believe me, I feel you guys. And the problem gets amplified when some software (AI Suite, I'm looking at you) refuses to co-exist with other software.

Yes Asus AI Suite is a horrible piece of software, on several levels. I agree with you there but I am confused about something, and perhaps you can enlighten me. The latest release of Link (v4.9.0.57) fails to correctly use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=921287#post921287

which means that now Link cannot run concurrently with AIDA64, HWINFO, or SIV. This has been observed and posted about. So how, please, is this different from "when some software (AI Suite, I'm looking at you) refuses to co-exist with other software"? I must be missing something here. Could you please clarify Corsair's decision to break the interlocking which will cause conflicts with these popular system monitoring utilities?

Thanks in advance!

at least Corsair is having a go and that is appreciated even if it can be better

Indeed.. wish people would see this... people should be grateful... and most will be... but there will always be those never happy types that expect the earth and just want want want... need need need... give it me.. now... lol

Indeed.. wish people would see this... people should be grateful... and most will be... but there will always be those never happy types that expect the earth and just want want want... need need need... give it me.. now... lol

While I do see people suggest or wish for features to be added to Link and/or Corsair hardware, most posts here are from people just trying to get their hardware/software working like it's supposed to. I agree that Corsair puts a lot of effort into their products and they do stand behind them.

I personally own 2 Corsair 780T cases - the one I bought and the one they sent me for free after sending me 3 warped side panels in a row. After 3 warped panels, they decided it must be the case that was out of whack (it wasn't) and after sending them pics of all the warped side panels, they sent me a whole new case! Granted the side panel was warped on that one too but still - they stood behind their product.

As for those asking for new features (or the return of old ones), what's wrong with that? Some of the ideas are good ones and maybe easily implemented. Feedback, positive and negative, promotes innovation and improvement. It's nice that Corsair hosts this forum and monitors it. Problems are revealed so they can (hopefully) be dealt with and new ideas to improve the products are submitted, debated, and considered. I don't see that as a negative thing. YMMV

While I do see people suggest or wish for features to be added to Link and/or Corsair hardware, most posts here are from people just trying to get their hardware/software working like it's supposed to. I agree that Corsair puts a lot of effort into their products and they do stand behind them.

I personally own 2 Corsair 780T cases - the one I bought and the one they sent me for free after sending me 3 warped side panels in a row. After 3 warped panels, they decided it must be the case that was out of whack (it wasn't) and after sending them pics of all the warped side panels, they sent me a whole new case! Granted the side panel was warped on that one too but still - they stood behind their product.

As for those asking for new features (or the return of old ones), what's wrong with that? Some of the ideas are good ones and maybe easily implemented. Feedback, positive and negative, promotes innovation and improvement. It's nice that Corsair hosts this forum and monitors it. Problems are revealed so they can (hopefully) be dealt with and new ideas to improve the products are submitted, debated, and considered. I don't see that as a negative thing. YMMV

it wouldnt let me give you any more Reputation lol.. good post matey.. my original post was in no way aimed at you bud..

i should admit. lol.. i dont own a 780t anymore either lol.. jumped over to the 570x

well still have the 780T white and at the moment with everythin "cool" its a brilliant looking green all around with the fans, when the temp increrases it will all change to blue and twhen it gets over 75C will change to orange before going to red when its too close to danger...............they all look great in the case but sadly the GPU and mobo will change to something different :-(

its just a pity they didnt have a shroud cover at the bottom over the psu AND CABLES BUT i HAVE MANANGED TO GET THEM LOOKING pretty good ( and its this Corsair Lux and its cherry keys that is driving me nuts..fingers are to fat )

lol ..yes, they do warp a bit but when you press them in they are ok

Yes I know. The 780T solid side panels are too thin for their size and span. If you flex the panel it will "pop" back and forth between 2 positions. I could look down the edge of the panel and see the warp. The one that came with my case was really bad. In one "pop" position it would fall off by itself. In the other position, one corner would stick out far enough for my finger to fit the gap. So I went to this forum and the 780T Owners forum on OC.net and found out this is a common problem with the 780T.

I opened a ticket for it and they sent me a new panel. That one was worse. So they sent me another one - also warped. The problem was obvious. The panels flex and pop back and forth. It was (is) a common problem. After the 2nd panel, the guy handling my ticket decided it was the case. I knew it wasn't the case because I could see that the panels were all warped. Plus the window side panel fit fine on either side. It's a bad design. They need to strengthen the panel by forming or maybe tack welding a set of ridges in an X pattern to brace the span of the panel.

Anyway, he offered to exchange the case. I was not too keen on that idea because I had just spent many hours on final cable management and was not thrilled with the prospect of ripping it all apart and starting over because of this stupid side panel. So, without me asking, he elevated the ticket and got permission to send me a whole new case, no return required! A few days later the new case arrived, with another warped side panel. This panel (#4), popped one way, did fit the original case pretty well - not perfect but good enough. I still have case #2 sitting here (with a collection of warped side panels) so I guess I will use it for my next build. It's not my first choice but hey - free is free.

I am aware of that some of my posts here may be considered critical of Corsair, but let's face it - there are some serious issues with Link and some Corsair products. The only way to improve things is to find, recognize, and face these issues so they can be resolved, and I hope those posts are regarded as constructive and necessary criticism. Corsair went above and beyond with my case side panel issue and I am posting the story for all to see. I think it's only fair to give credit when credit is due, but the same holds true for posting about software/firmware problems and bugs. I hope that my posts about these issues are received in the spirit intended.

Yes I know. The 780T solid side panels are too thin for their size and span. If you flex the panel it will "pop" back and forth between 2 positions. I could look down the edge of the panel and see the warp. The one that came with my case was really bad. In one "pop" position it would fall off by itself. In the other position, one corner would stick out far enough for my finger to fit the gap. So I went to this forum and the 780T Owners forum on OC.net and found out this is a common problem with the 780T.

I opened a ticket for it and they sent me a new panel. That one was worse. So they sent me another one - also warped. The problem was obvious. The panels flex and pop back and forth. It was (is) a common problem. After the 2nd panel, the guy handling my ticket decided it was the case. I knew it wasn't the case because I could see that the panels were all warped. Plus the window side panel fit fine on either side. It's a bad design. They need to strengthen the panel by forming or maybe tack welding a set of ridges in an X pattern to brace the span of the panel.

Anyway, he offered to exchange the case. I was not too keen on that idea because I had just spent many hours on final cable management and was not thrilled with the prospect of ripping it all apart and starting over because of this stupid side panel. So, without me asking, he elevated the ticket and got permission to send me a whole new case, no return required! A few days later the new case arrived, with another warped side panel. This panel (#4), popped one way, did fit the original case pretty well - not perfect but good enough. I still have case #2 sitting here (with a collection of warped side panels) so I guess I will use it for my next build. It's not my first choice but hey - free is free.

I am aware of that some of my posts here may be considered critical of Corsair, but let's face it - there are some serious issues with Link and some Corsair products. The only way to improve things is to find, recognize, and face these issues so they can be resolved, and I hope those posts are regarded as constructive and necessary criticism. Corsair went above and beyond with my case side panel issue and I am posting the story for all to see. I think it's only fair to give credit when credit is due, but the same holds true for posting about software/firmware problems and bugs. I hope that my posts about these issues are received in the spirit intended.

I have no problems with anyone having a go at a company for their products. And yes Link can be so much improved but I guess with so many computer configurations out there its not easy but its not what I call a "user friendly" bit of software but then you look at the servings from Asus and Gigabyte and they are frankly are joke.

I like the 780T because when you have the Commander pro and fans having all that room at the back comes in handy but must admit I still would like the sides to be a little bit stronger and not so flexible

Yes Asus AI Suite is a horrible piece of software, on several levels. I agree with you there but I am confused about something, and perhaps you can enlighten me. The latest release of Link (v4.9.0.57) fails to correctly use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=921287#post921287

which means that now Link cannot run concurrently with AIDA64, HWINFO, or SIV. This has been observed and posted about. So how, please, is this different from "when some software (AI Suite, I'm looking at you) refuses to co-exist with other software"? I must be missing something here. Could you please clarify Corsair's decision to break the interlocking which will cause conflicts with these popular system monitoring utilities?

Thanks in advance!

Bump - Asking once again about the decision to remove the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex, thus resulting in not being able to run Link concurrently with AIDA64, HWINFO, SIV...

Thanks !

Archived