Corsair Community

Connecting HD fans with the LNP?

Astral85

I would like to add some HD fans to my setup and I've heard that by connecting the fans to the LNP that they become controllable through Link rather than having to use the remote that comes with the fans. I am thinking of picking up the HD120 fan with fan controller kit to begin with. Can anyone explain how this would be connected to the LNP so I have control of both the LNP strips and the HD120 in Link?

I am referring to this HD120 kit: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hd120-rgb-led-high-performance-120mm-pwm-fan-with-controller

Edit: So I'm guessing the 2x HD RGB LED fan hub adapter cable included with LNP are used but I'm not sure how to connect it all...

Yeah someone was telling me how the HD fans become controllable through Link with the LNP but I could just not picture how that would work. I'm surprised Corsair don't have a diagram like this or state somewhere how this stuff is all connected. I had no idea and thought I needed the Commander Pro.

Wow! You really have 10 Hd fans and eight LED strips? I curious to know where you fit another 4 LEd strips!... What is the fan control with the Commander Pro like through Link?

I do lol... 4 strips around edge of main side of case... 1 under gpu.. 1 in other side of the case and 2 underneath it.. can never have enough strips lol...

and for me the commander pro does a great job.. LOVE the zero rpm curves as it means 7 of my fans only run when things get warm :)

dEghQAph.jpg

Looks nice man! Is that one of Corsairs tempered glass cases? Do you mean you have strips on the back wall of the case? The motherboard wall? Oh wow, two underneath the case, that's an interesting idea! Fan control with CP sounds interesting, I should find out more about it.

Yeah its their 570x Case.. has glass both sides so needs lights both sides lol. and given it has fairly tall feet it would have been rude not to light it up under there also haha

bXIkwcR.gif

as for the Commander Pro... 2 led channels... 2 usb headers.. 6 fan rpm headers.. 4 temp probes... all controlled in link,, whats not to like lol.. great item imho

The tempered glass cases definitely allow you take full advantage of the lighting effects with this stuff. Can Corsair please make and sell a full see through side panel for the Obsidian 450D? Hint Hint... lol, maybe?

I may be interested in the Commander Pro for fan control but I need to know more details. The LED's on the HD fans are they brighter than the Node LED strips? They look really bright... Can the fans LED's be turned off completely?

I may be interested in the Commander Pro for fan control but I need to know more details. The LED's on the HD fans are they brighter than the Node LED strips? They look really bright... Can the fans LED's be turned off completely?

they can... either drop the brightness to zero (does the whole channel though) or drop the rgb sliders down to zero which would allow individual control of each fan or strip.... unless you mean RPM,, and again.. yep.. zero rpm is an option :)

they can... either drop the brightness to zero (does the whole channel though) or drop the rgb sliders down to zero which would allow individual control of each fan or strip.... unless you mean RPM,, and again.. yep.. zero rpm is an option :)

Couldn't you just disconnect the fan in Link to turn it's lighting off without affecting the LED strips on the same channel? What's the brightness of the fans compared to the LED strips? Are they brighter?

yeah not added in link could be an option... but would have to have the fans you dont want lit up plugged into the last ports on the rgb hub.... and same with strips.. would have to be last in line if you get my drift

They are both very bright i have to say. i tend to have them on the lowest brightness level in link.

Oh it'll happen. It's being worked on. Not SOON, but it's definitely coming.

That's great! Always something to look forward to.

Edit: Do you think any more program-ability might come to the LNP? There are some guys doing some pretty amazing stuff with Corsair gear and the Arduino digital controller so I wonder whether these LED's are capable of more. I won't get my hopes up but no harm in asking right?

Archived