Corsair Community

CUE vs. LINK vs. COMMANDER vs.

Dark Helmet

Hello folks,

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I searched and could not find an answer or suitable forum, so I just joined so I could post my question.

So I have been away from the PC build for some time. Now that my youngest is 12 I am trying to get back into the build and get him started. So I have selected a P7 case, AMD CPU, G-MB; and Corsair RAM, KB, & Mouse. Now I have been researching water coolers/fans/RGBW/Temp Sensors. I got very frustrated with Corsair's web site and thought of going with a competitor. But then I decided to give Corsair a chance to explain. Can someone tell me the differences or intended purposes of each of the following Corsair products, what I should choose and why I should choose it......

CUE 2

LIGHTING NODE PRO

COMMANDER PRO

SYNC IT {looks promising}

LINK DASHBOARD {Really Love the ability to import MB images and have temps hover over components they monitor}

EDIT..... This post is now outdate since the release of iCue (sync-it). which replaces both Corsair Link and Corsair Cue by combining them into one Program.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/icue

Some Guides too :)

Welcome aboard buddy.....

Cue is for controlling RGB and Macro's on Corsairs Keyboards/Mice/Headsets and Headset stands

Lighting Node Pro Has two Led Channels and can control up to 6 x Corsair Pro Led Strips or 6 x Hd/Sp rgb series Fans Per Led channel (each set of 6 fans would also need a Corsair Rgb Fan Led Hub)

Commander Pro Has 2 Led Channels/ 6 x Fan Rpm/power channels/ 4x temp probe channels/2 x internal usb headers. and can control up to 6 x Corsair Pro Led Strips or 6 x Hd/Sp rgb series Fans Per Led channel (each set of 6 fans would also need a Corsair Rgb Fan Led Hub) and the Rpm of upto 6 Fans

Sync It Doesn't exist for us mortals as of yet

Link is the software used to control both the Lighting node pro and Commander pro (as well as corsairs Coolers/Ram/Psu's)

here is how mine is set up and the items i used

bEM6Twi.jpg

I chose the Commander Pro because it gave me both RGB and RPM control of 6 of my fans via link software.

I chose the Lighting Node pro as it allowed me to connect 8 lighting strips and also control via link software

Sync it Should combine both Cue and Link into one piece of software apparently.... nothings confirmed yet

Hope this was of help bud

On a basic level...

CUE 2 - This is the software for managing keyboards, mice, and audio headsets. It can be used for standard DPI adjustments, polling rates, etc. or RGB lighting effects. Its use or necessity varies by product, but the short version is if you need to make it glow or want to change a peripheral, you need software. This is it.

LIGHTING NODE PRO - A lighting controller for Corsair SP-RGB and HD fans that allows software integration and much greater control over the LED effects. It also comes with 4 LED strips for more flash. This is not a required product, but if you were going to deck out your case with the SP-RGB or HD fans, you should budget for one. It makes a world of difference.

COMMANDER PRO - Same as the Lighting Node Pro above, but larger and with more features. Besides the light control for fans and strips, it can act as a fan controller for up to six fan lines, has 4 temp probe connections and several other related features. This is not a required item and has more features than most people need, but it might be a good choice for someone with poor or few motherboard fan headers and/or a lousy BIOS fan control system. No RGB strips included, but can be added. You can use either this or the LNP above for the HD/SP-RGB fans. You don't need both.

CORSAIR LINK - This is the software control center for capable water coolers, fans, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, and general monitoring program. It can also communicate with specific Corsair PSUs, DRAM, and a few other items. While it can control certain Corsair hardware components, most other information is read only, as is typical for any desktop software monitoring program. This is the application you use to change light patterns for coolers and fans.

SYNC IT - the marriage of CUE and Corsair Link into one application. Cross your fingers. It will be nice to have them in one interface.

• 6 months later...

Hey drcmclow, since you're building an AMD system, and those very often have an ASMedia chipset, you'll be affected by the BUG described here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170885

To sum it up, devices connected to your Commander's USB ports/headers will NOT get recognized by your system.

Yes, the bug has been acknowledged, but nope, it hasn't been fixed.

Hey drcmclow, since you're building an AMD system, and those very often have an ASMedia chipset, you'll be affected by the BUG described here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170885

To sum it up, devices connected to your Commander's USB ports/headers will NOT get recognized by your system.

Yes, the bug has been acknowledged, but nope, it hasn't been fixed.

Note that it doesn't happen to every AMD system. My son's AMD motherboard actually has no issue at all with the CoPro.

But yes, it's certainly an issue. And apparently it impacts more than just the CoPro; the internal NZXT hub is also impacted.

• 1 month later...
EDIT..... This post is now outdate since the release of iCue (sync-it). which replaces both Corsair Link and Corsair Cue by combining them into one Program.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/icue

Some Guides too :)

Welcome aboard buddy.....

Cue is for controlling RGB and Macro's on Corsairs Keyboards/Mice/Headsets and Headset stands

Lighting Node Pro Has two Led Channels and can control 4 x Corsair Pro Led Strips or 6 x Hd/Sp rgb series Fans Per Led channel (each set of 6 fans would also need a Corsair Rgb Fan Led Hub)

Commander Pro Has 2 Led Channels/ 6 x Fan Rpm/power channels/ 4x temp probe channels/2 x internal usb headers. and can control 4 x Corsair Pro Led Strips or 6 x Hd/Sp rgb series Fans Per Led channel (each set of 6 fans would also need a Corsair Rgb Fan Led Hub) and the Rpm of upto 6 Fans

Sync It Doesn't exist for us mortals as of yet

Link is the software used to control both the Lighting node pro and Commander pro (as well as corsairs Coolers/Ram/Psu's)

here is how mine is set up and the items i used

bEM6Twi.jpg

I chose the Commander Pro because it gave me both RGB and RPM control of 6 of my fans via link software.

I chose the Lighting Node pro as it allowed me to connect 8 lighting strips and also control via link software

Sync it Should combine both Cue and Link into one piece of software apparently.... nothings confirmed yet

Hope this was of help bud

You say you chose the commander and lighting node but neglect the 2 RGB control hubs, I want to run my fans and everything with one dang device not 4...trying to find anything that simplifies this stuff is impossible

You say you chose the commander and lighting node but neglect the 2 RGB control hubs,

(each set of 6 fans would also need a Corsair Rgb Fan Led Hub)

how did I neglect them if

A, I explained they are needed

B,They are in the diagram?

I want to run my fans and everything with one dang device not 4...

Just not happening mate. it is what it is..

I now run 4 lighting node pro's, a CoPro and 3 Rgb Fan LED Hub's across 40 strips, 17 fans for 2 pc's. and the whole room... all synced in iCue

[ame]

[/ame]

trying to find anything that simplifies this stuff is impossible

Yep.. the grass is no greener else where

how did I neglect them if

A, I explained they are needed

B,They are in the diagram?

Just not happening mate. it is what it is..

I now run 4 lighting node pro's, a CoPro and 3 Rgb Fan LED Hub's across 40 strips, 17 fans for 2 pc's. and the whole room... all synced in iCue

Yep.. the grass is no greener else where

Soo both options of using just the lighting node pro or the nzxt hue+ allow rgb control but not fans? Do the fans just run at some default speed then or what?

If you want fan control, you need a fan controller. That is the Commander Pro and it can take the place of a Lighting Node Pro in the set-up. I think it is worth it even without RGB ambitions and it has other perks.

Don't confuse the 6 port "lighting hub" with a device, like the LNP or C-Pro. The lighting hub is a power conduit for the RGB fans. You don't anything with it. It is like the wall wart power pack in the system. In reality, it plays a very useful role. You can't run 0.80A fan from your motherboard header and this moves the lighting current draw off the fan controller.

Most people do not need anything as complicated as the above. With 6 RGB fans (enough for most cases), you only need the Commander Pro and 1 lighting hub to go with your fans. Even if you have 12 fans, you still only need the another lighting hub. It would be better to be specific about your intent (fan type, number needed, etc.). There are way too many combinations of things to guess about.

Soo both options of using just the lighting node pro or the nzxt hue+ allow rgb control but not fans? Do the fans just run at some default speed then or what?

The Lighting Node Pro only controls the RGB function, not the fan speed function. As c-attack noted, this is for power draw - the fans draw too much power to reasonably be used on a fan header. That's why there are two separate connectors (well ... also control of the RGB function; you can't do that from a fan header).

You control the fan speeds as you would control any other PWM fan's speed ... either on a motherboard header and in your BIOS/motherboard software or with a Commander Pro.

Archived