Corsair Community

Express Rma service it's a joke

mik77

I've opened a ticket for a bad hx750i psu (12v rail overvolting at 13,6v) on 02/04/2018

asked for express RMA on 02/07/2018, had to pay 200$

received a psu with the same identical problem on 02/15/2018

the same day i've spent another 30$ to send back the original bad psu

have asked for a secondary RMA and waited for technical approval

asked info every 2 days on the chat otherwise no one, no one, give me back info as promised

Now after a month trying to solve the problem they told me the psu is out of stock and that I have to wait till April! till April means two months from the discovering of the problem. I'm risking of burning my components! And they offered me inferior products as alternatives, after all this mess. I've asked to be refund. This is not the type of service I was expecting from a company like Corsair. Really disappointed by the service. And by the way: the chat survey it's also a joke; should be done only once at the end of the process. I feel stupid to have been kind responding to questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let Corsair make you pay for return postage on their faulty products. The consumer should never have to pay anything extra when the manufacturer screws up. They tried to do the same with my RMA but after I kicked up a fuss here on the forum about it (their tech support were ignoring me as usual) one of their customer support people stepped in and arranged to cover the overseas postage costs.

It's disappointing that they pulled that with you as well. It's sad to see that not only has Corsair's quality control gone down the drain recently (I have had issues with almost every corsair product I have purchased from keyboards to PSUs) but they are trying to make their consumers foot the bill for returns as well. Dodgy business practice.

most of the time who ever you bought your product through would take care of it like amazon etc i recently send back a H115I pro and i contact corsair first they told me in the place u bough it from dont take care of the return they would and amazon did took care of it with free postage and on top of that they send me a new H115i pro first then i send the bad one back and the turn around was quick corsair and amazon was awesome

Archived