Corsair Community

(Minor Issue) Link Displays Incorrect RAM Model

Alan_the_great

I'm a bit OCD with certain things and this just happens to be one of them. I've noticed that the product number of my RAM kit is incorrectly displayed on Link. I have G.Skill's F4-2400C15D-32GIS and it shows up as F4-2400C15-16GIS, not a real model number as well as it being the wrong capacity. Is there a way to change the names of displayed hardware, or will I have to wait for this specific RAM kit to be added to Link?

• 3 weeks later...
It sounds like the first part number is for the kit of memory and that's what's on the package, but they have a different part number for each individual stick. Ask the manufacturer of the memory to be sure.

I checked each stick both physically and on G.Skill's site and they match, just not in Link. Now it doesn't even have a name for the RAM it just lists the measurements.

I checked each stick both physically and on G.Skill's site and they match, just not in Link. Now it doesn't even have a name for the RAM it just lists the measurements.

Understood ... but what does CPU-Z say that the model number is? Because that's also reading from the SPD.

It's a difference between a "marketing number" and a product number that they flash into the device.

Archived