Corsair Community

Corsair 300R

matteus

Hello i made a new rig with Corsair 300R and i am little disappoint at the moment because if am right i cant use your Hydro Series H100.

When i bought the case i was pretty sure i can combine them.

With a little research i did i see that they don't match together and now am i supposed to use H70?

Right now i use Intel BXRTS2011AC and i hit 41-61c temps.

With some extra fans and if is it possible to upgrade to H70 i will have better temps? I am thinking also buy a solid state drive should i buy a cage or something?

Thank you.

A classic case of PEBCAK.

Corsair clearly markets this case for the air-cooled segment and any quick search of any of the reviews from the usual suspects would have reinforced this... as well as informing you what would -and what would not- fit inside the chassis.

The H70 has been deactivated and replaced with the H70 Core...which does not include any fans -giving you the option to select your own. Check the water-cooled threads for what the majority consider the best fan for providing static pressure and go with those.

____

No need to buy an additional HDD cage...you can screw the SSD(s) into any of the included 4 tool-free 2.5" compatible hard drive bays with the included screws.

Thanks for feedback and sorry for my bad English.

U see my motherboard can't take a good air-cooled fan because i got 8 channels for memory, i use only four thought but the case is small.

Am just waiting for an answer by corsair employment if H70 works with corsair 300r.

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to fit a noctua nh d14 within the 300R, I couldnt find any info on the heatsink clearance on the corsair site o tho I could find the noctua height to be 160mm. Any one with this spec could comment on this?

Cheers

Hopefully someone with a similar spec comes along and answers your question but in the meantime... I use a different HSF than yours but can say that with a Hyper 212 Plus -at a height of 158.5mm- I have 13mm of free clearance to the side panel.

The depth of the NH-D14 may come into play -depending on what type of RAM you are using- as the 120mm intake can be raised to clear the DIMMs ...but only so much before it will bump up into the side panel.

• 6 months later...

Hello I left a few months pass before i buy a proper cooler, with the hope if buy a Cooler from the hydro series now i wont have any problems with the noise and all this stuff people are complaining.

I need your help here, which exactly cpu fan i should order between the H80i , H60 CWCH60 , H60 CW-9060007-WW or H55.

The reason i ask this is because i want to make sure than will feet in my 300R case and i won't have any noise problems.

Thank you for your understanding.

Archived