Corsair Community

Cooling Crystal 570x

EdoardoB

Hello guys, i'm buying my pc parts and and I'm deciding how to cool it. I had thought of this:

H150i with push/pull config frontal 3 Sp120s inside and 3 LL120s externally.

Top 2x HD140 to light up the case

Rear 1x LL120

From what I've read, I need a Commander Pro and two fan hubs.

In total I have 9 fans:

3 SP120 connected to the cooler

4 LL120 connected to the fan hub for rgb and the CoPro for power

2 HD140 connected to the fan hub for rgb and the CoPro for power

Correct me if I'm wrong

To mount the h150i on the front with push / pull do the screws that I find in the package fit?

From the software can I control the speed of the sp120 even if I don't connect them to the CoPro but directly to the h150i?

Thanks in advance

Just throwing this out there as an idea:

If it was me, I'd keep it a little simpler by going with something similar to the configuration below. This way, you would not be mixing fan types (LL and HD fans). Different fan types are required to be on different RGB hubs. Your pump is independently controlled and will run as a separate entity so this will not be a factor. Yet again, if it was me, I'd go with the H150i Pro (it is SATA powered, doesn't have USB disconnect issues (as far as I know) and comes with ML120 fans).

3 x ML120 connected to the H150i Pro cooler

4 x LL120 connected to the fan hub for rgb and the CoPro for power

2 x LL140 connected to the fan hub for rgb and the CoPro for power

My only concern would be if the ML120's would play nice (air flow wise) in a push pull configuration with the LL120's.

This setup minus the power supply, LED strips and Corsair LED front/PSU shroud lighting.

http://i.imgur.com/Q0y5XAVl.png

There is also fantastic info in Zotty's 570X setup post that can be found on the link below:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182609

Also, here is Zotty's iCue Hardware Guide that will give you a better understanding of what will work with what.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

As far as the screws for the H150i required for push pull, I am not sure as I run a smaller H100i Pro up top.

I hope this somewhat points you in the right direction and I'm sure others with more knowledge than myself will jump in with ideas.

Just throwing this out there as an idea:

If it was me, I'd keep it a little simpler by going with something similar to the configuration below. This way, you would not be mixing fan types (LL and HD fans). Different fan types are required to be on different RGB hubs. Your pump is independently controlled and will run as a separate entity so this will not be a factor. Yet again, if it was me, I'd go with the H150i Pro (it is SATA powered, doesn't have USB disconnect issues (as far as I know) and comes with ML120 fans).

3 x ML120 connected to the H150i Pro cooler

4 x LL120 connected to the fan hub for rgb and the CoPro for power

2 x LL140 connected to the fan hub for rgb and the CoPro for power

My only concern would be if the ML120's would play nice (air flow wise) in a push pull configuration with the LL120's.

This setup minus the power supply, LED strips and Corsair LED front/PSU shroud lighting.

http://i.imgur.com/Q0y5XAVl.png

There is also fantastic info in Zotty's 570X setup post that can be found on the link below:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182609

Also, here is Zotty's iCue Hardware Guide that will give you a better understanding of what will work with what.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

As far as the screws for the H150i required for push pull, I am not sure as I run a smaller H100i Pro up top.

I hope this somewhat points you in the right direction and I'm sure others with more knowledge than myself will jump in with ideas.

Thanks a lot:biggrin:

@Johnny.. spot on info.... thanks dude....

@OP.. good luck on your quest :)

To add.. you mentioned the SP120.. the H150i will not control these as they are 3pin voltage controlled... the H150i will control PWM fans only

@Johnny.. spot on info.... thanks dude....

@OP.. good luck on your quest :)

To add.. you mentioned the SP120.. the H150i will not control these as they are 3pin voltage controlled... the H150i will control PWM fans only

I saw the guide, good job.

Do the LL fans make enough light to illuminate the ram motherboard and video card?

Last question, if I set the ml and ll at the same speed on the radiator I shouldn't have turbulence problems, right?

The LL are fairly bright, but the diffuser ring is going to take some of the sparkle out and cool the light tone a bit. If you mean will the two top and 1 rear light up the case, definitely. However, nothing is as bright as the HD if you are looking for ultra brightness. I can't even use mine with slider at 100%.

I just took of a ML/LL 140mm sandwich on my 280mm radiator. I did not overly care for the tone. The ML is reasonably focused and the LL is very wide dispersal. Was it terrible? No. I am very picky. Can you use the two together effectively for cooling? Absolutely. If you know you really scrutinize the sound coming from every fan, then it may not be to your liking. All that said, I would expect the effect to be less on 3x120 vs the 2x140 I was running. 120mm fans are usually more forgiving with this.

As mentioned above, there is nothing wrong with using the SP-RGB on the back side of the 360mm, but it is kind of pain since you have to run a separate lighting hub and controller for just those three fans. Not connecting the lighting solves that, but then you might as well use the ML120-Quiet from the H150i kit instead if you don't illuminate. You cannot connect the 3 pin DC SP-RGB to the cooler. It will need to have PWM fans (all the others are PWM). The Commander Pro will control the SP-RGB fan speeds and you can link the other set to coolant temperature through it.

Mounting: You will need 12 more 6-32 machine screws (28-30mm length). You can get these at any hardware store. PC specialty stores sell black versions if you want to play a little more. The back side set will bolt straight to the radiator. The front set will go through case/fan mounting rail, fan, and then the radiator mount holes.

@Zotty Thanks!

@EdoardoB Link below to my 570x build as reference to LL lighting output. Note that I am only using LL120's and obviously my radiator is up top. I have recently added 4 x led strips which add lots of extra fill lighting. I will add updated photos to the build post when I get chance.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186171

The LL are fairly bright, but the diffuser ring is going to take some of the sparkle out and cool the light tone a bit. If you mean will the two top and 1 rear light up the case, definitely. However, nothing is as bright as the HD if you are looking for ultra brightness. I can't even use mine with slider at 100%.

I just took of a ML/LL 140mm sandwich on my 280mm radiator. I did not overly care for the tone. The ML is reasonably focused and the LL is very wide dispersal. Was it terrible? No. I am very picky. Can you use the two together effectively for cooling? Absolutely. If you know you really scrutinize the sound coming from every fan, then it may not be to your liking. All that said, I would expect the effect to be less on 3x120 vs the 2x140 I was running. 120mm fans are usually more forgiving with this.

As mentioned above, there is nothing wrong with using the SP-RGB on the back side of the 360mm, but it is kind of pain since you have to run a separate lighting hub and controller for just those three fans. Not connecting the lighting solves that, but then you might as well use the ML120-Quiet from the H150i kit instead if you don't illuminate. You cannot connect the 3 pin DC SP-RGB to the cooler. It will need to have PWM fans (all the others are PWM). The Commander Pro will control the SP-RGB fan speeds and you can link the other set to coolant temperature through it.

Mounting: You will need 12 more 6-32 machine screws (28-30mm length). You can get these at any hardware store. PC specialty stores sell black versions if you want to play a little more. The back side set will bolt straight to the radiator. The front set will go through case/fan mounting rail, fan, and then the radiator mount holes.

Thanks for all. Now I have clear ideas. In the first post I made a mistake, I meant the radiator fans and I don't know why I called them SL ahaha. I don't care much about noise, normally when I use a PC I always have headphones. I was interested that the use of different models on the radiator did not create problems with airflow and cooling. Having said that, thanks again to all and goodnight (here are 11.16 pm) :zzzz:

@Zotty Thanks!

@EdoardoB Link below to my 570x build as reference to LL lighting output. Note that I am only using LL120's and obviously my radiator is up top. I have recently added 4 x led strips which add lots of extra fill lighting. I will add updated photos to the build post when I get chance.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186171

Beautiful build, I will take inspiration on some details :loveeyes:

Archived