Corsair Community

CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 in corsair link blank info and no control over leds

cawzie

I have two sets of CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 installed. They used to be controllable by Corsair link and now they do not have the option to be adjusted at all. The only thing that shows up is the speed, latency and such. Corsair link would display the ram name as CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 but it doesn't show up... Sometimes the ram type will display as "synertekk++"

Any ideas?

• Administrators
corrupt spd on one stick of ram, i think aorus rgb fusion app corrupted it when i tried to adjust led. Hopefully corsair has a spd flasher or whatever you call it I can use.
Create a support ticket at support.corsair.com and we can replace it for you - we don't have a SPD flash app.

Out of curiosity, did you try to run the Gigabyte app simultaneously with Corsair Link? Because that could also affect whether or not Corsair Link can properly control the memory.

No, the corsair link was not open at the time and soon as I removed the ram with the corrupt SPD info the rest of the ram worked within corsair link. One of the things I thought initially that somehow SPD Write was disabled in the bios so I reset the bios to default settings and after I did that the ram would not post past its default speed, XMP profile would not work. I then re-arranged the ram and XMP still wouldn't work but I tried the corsair link program again, it controlled the LEDS on 3 sticks of ram and the 4th one it did not. I removed the one corsair link could not control and then went back into the bios, the 3 sticks of ram now loads XMP just fine and is controllable. Soon as I put that one stick of ram in I can't use the XMP profile. Furthermore if its in the first ram slot I can't control the LEDS because of the corrupt SPD. If I manually type in the settings in the BIOS for every single timing it will post to the xmp speed of 2666. I've boxed up the the stick in question and I am waiting on a reply from corsair's rma process.

Out of curiosity, did you try to run the Gigabyte app simultaneously with Corsair Link? Because that could also affect whether or not Corsair Link can properly control the memory.

Been about 3 business days and no word back from corsairs rma.

Try this, it worked for me:

Open Task Manager, services, open services (at the bottom), search Corsair LINK 4 and right click, properties, general, Startup type: (if you are in "Manual" change it to "Automatic (delayed start)", apply and accept, turn off the computer and turn it on again and hopefully it will be solved.

Try this, it worked for me:

Open Task Manager, services, open services (at the bottom), search Corsair LINK 4 and right click, properties, general, Startup type: (if you are in "Manual" change it to "Automatic (delayed start)", apply and accept, turn off the computer and turn it on again and hopefully it will be solved.

Thanks for the info. No, that's not it. The SPD info is corrupt and that stick of ram has issues related as such.

• 1 month later...
Corsair was quick in sending new sticks out, I did have to call initially to get my rma status updated when I first filed but after that it was smooth sailing. The new sticks work well but now I have two sets of ram that are different versions and the leds are a lot brighter than my other older ver. ram. Oh well. I just set to static and lowered the brighter ones by a lot to match my old ones.

Archived