Corsair Community

Link wont control non-h150i pwm fans?

Guitarmageddon

So I have the h150i, as well as the link software. Seems to work just fan in the respect to the h150i system. All fans in my rig are PWM, so are all the headers on my board (asus maximus x code). I see that specifically in the h150i's menu of corsair link, it allows me to set curves and pick many different probes to pair the fan to (specifically gpu). However NO other fans in my system are able to have that option outside of the fans connected directly into the h150 block. I want to do this with other 4pin fans I have in the case.

For example here is what the h150fans specifically allow me to do

EnwhTkj.png

And here is another case fan, all noctua PWM on PWM headers.

RTOgjMj.png

Hi buddy.. you would need a Commander Pro to be able to control your other fans.... LINK can not control fans connected to your motherboards headers.

more info below on Corsairs Ecosystem

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thanks! That was a good read. So I for sure would get that capability with the commander? It's in my Amazon cart at the moment and I want to pull the trigger. I just didn't know if it was one of those things that works with "SOME" fans but not others. I do not need the other rgb functionality since I don't use rgb fans. All regular noctua. Also curious if you can set TWO variables like you can in some programs? Like "spin to 1500 rpm if cpu reaches 50 degrees....OR.....if you passed 60 degrees" and so forth. Would be nice....

Wow...I had no idea. I guess I don't really have the comfort level to purchase and rip out all case fans only to be sorely disappointed right after. Just read through this massive thread for specifics. Sucks I bought noctua I guess.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907100#post907100

Is there any more to update the issue or has Corsair not tested and improved the firmware and whatnot? Really was a looking forward to the commander as a solution.

No, no update. And, TBH, if the issue is that something that those fans do is funky ... it's not Corsair's issue to fix. But I don't know if it's the fans or if it's the Corsair firmware. It is, however, somewhat suspicious that these issues really on crop up with the Noctua and the Vardar fans tho.

No, no update. And, TBH, if the issue is that something that those fans do is funky ... it's not Corsair's issue to fix. But I don't know if it's the fans or if it's the Corsair firmware. It is, however, somewhat suspicious that these issues really on crop up with the Noctua and the Vardar fans tho.

So I had an idea but wanted your input. Can I split two of the h150i pump fan cables with a y? Would it burn them out?

Here's my plan

H150 fan input #...

1: run as normal to fan 1 of 3

2: split with y and take other two radiator fans, running to CPU temp of course just like first fan.

3: split with y, run to two noctua case exhaust fans. This way I can now select GPU temp as a fan curve.

Would the extra draw of two fans burn it out?

Would the extra draw of two fans burn it out?

Possibly. You'd have to see what the current rating is on the Noctua fans. Take a look in the Liquid Cooler FAQ (in my signature) ... this is mentioned in there.

And, IIRC, there are issues with controlling Noctua fans from the coolers as well. So that may not solve your problem.

Ok thanks. Saw this

A10. Can I power all of the fans from the cooler in a push/pull scenario using splitters?

It depends. If your cooler is powered from the fan header, no. You do not have enough current to adequately power more than 2 fans. If your cooler is SATA powered, you may be able to. You will have a 2A limit on the current used by the pump and the fans. Of those 2 amps, the cooler will need up to 450mA (0.45A). So if your push/pull set up is less then 1.55A, you should be good to go.

So given the three stock fan amperages (not sure can't find them currently, at work so I can tlook athe labels), and the two noctus fans, I may be over.

The noctua nfp14s info says .2 amps each. So that's .4 (not factoring startup spike). that leaves me with 1.15 amps left to work with. 38 for each fan, and probably would need more to figure in starting spikes as well, right? So this may not be a smart choice?

It may be close.

And, as I said, IIRC, there are issues with Noctua fans even on the AIO controllers. So it may not get around the issue with controlling them.

One option you might want to consider ... I believe that your motherboard has a connection for an external temperature sensor. Use that - it's something like $8. Then place the sensor just above your GPU. You can then use that temperature to control the fans. Now, you won't necessarily have control from Windows but it'd give you another option.

It may be close.

And, as I said, IIRC, there are issues with Noctua fans even on the AIO controllers. So it may not get around the issue with controlling them.

One option you might want to consider ... I believe that your motherboard has a connection for an external temperature sensor. Use that - it's something like $8. Then place the sensor just above your GPU. You can then use that temperature to control the fans. Now, you won't necessarily have control from Windows but it'd give you another option.

Ok that's a good point. Now I just need to find one that a. Isn't unsightly and b. Figure out how to securely mount it.

Would you but it out back by the GPU exhaust or literally stick it on top over the chip area?

Archived