Corsair Community

Will These RGB strips work on my motherboard header?

rootmaster

No, they won't. It looks like that motherboard has 12V Analog RGB only. Some of the MSI boards have a 5V Digital/Addressable RGB connector that would work with an adapter or a J-CORSAIR header that would work. That board doesn't have those, however.

As for the specs ... they are 5V Addressable RGB that uses the WS-2812B protocol for control.

No, they won't. It looks like that motherboard has 12V Analog RGB only. Some of the MSI boards have a 5V Digital/Addressable RGB connector that would work with an adapter or a J-CORSAIR header that would work. That board doesn't have those, however.

As for the specs ... they are 5V Addressable RGB that uses the WS-2812B protocol for control.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure ive purchased the wrong one but just to double check, would they work on my commander pro ? Or do i need to buy something else for them to work ?

Sorry for the 101, just started getting into RGB.

Yeah ... those are the old strips. They only work with the Commander Mini. And I'm not 100% sure of their specs ... the ones that I mentioned are the newer strips (that come in 4 packs).

And make sure to check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880. That'll help you get started.

Thanks Again, appreciate it.

Archived