The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 03-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Johnny_B500's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997648
Johnny_B500 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair 570X Mirror Black - Before and After Build Pics

After much research/planning, and ultimately my first build in many years (10 to be exact ). I thought I'd post a few before and after pictures of my 570X Mirror Black.

Delivery Day

570X Mirror Black - The First Look

Bare Chassis

Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming + Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

The big question was; "would the Z390 fit without modification with the built in IO shield?" It mounted with ease!

After Build Pics

Last edited by Johnny_B500; 03-14-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Old 03-14-2019, 01:58 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997667
Zotty Reputation: 52

Welcome back buddy (to builds/PC),, i took a break from PC's while Parenting (consoles was the easier option to get us all gaming together). but kids have grown and go their own lives.... its goo to be back eh...

Nice Build man!!

now for some Desk RGB's? :)

Old 03-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Johnny_B500's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997696

Thanks Zotty!

I have to agree with you there re consoles. After previously working in IT for 7+ years and with raising kids, my interest in PC building dwindled. It's nice to be back though (wife isn't quite as enthusiastic).

As far as the desk lighting, I've already eyed up your videos and that will be next.

Once I figure out how to mount it to the PSU shroud, I do however want to add another LL120 down on the bottom to add a little light fill (this will probably mean investing in a CoPro as well). I think the LED strips are somewhat overkill for case lighting although, I don't necessarily dislike the look.

Cheers - J

Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997702
Zotty Reputation: 52

look forward to seeing what you come up with dude :)..

I powered my desk/monitors using a second PSU with a 24pin jumper switch on it to power 3 external Lighting Node Pro's which also run to an external USB hub which in turn runs to the Rear IO of my Case.

how did you get on in the back of the case?. due to how RGBz i crammed into my 570x i ended up doing this lol...

the future in Cable Management... lol

Old 03-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Johnny_B500's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997715

Great advice regarding the second PSU. I think how I have it planned out, I should be able to run the LED strips out of the back of the case and across. It's nice to have a secondary plan (with more expandability more so) though if all else fails!

Oh boy, you want to talk the rear of the case (love your cover up design by the way). Well, eventually, after some trial and error, I got it to look nice and tidy, although it did take few attempts. There were definitely some none kid friendly words throughout the process. It's probably best not to discuss that center wiring cover. I was somewhat worried about the clearance of my two 3.5 inch storage drives but it all worked out in the end and, I'm trying not to visualize how I'm going to eventually get a CoPro in there.