Corsair Community

Corsair 1000D advice needed

Hi all,

Recently I bought a total package pc that was built in a case I didn't really want (but it got one of the few remaining 2080ti's for that time so I got it anyway). So now I'm planning to move it all into a 1000d. I know it's completely overkill since I plan to only put 1 system in it and not mod anything with cool watercooling stuff (yet), but I just love how impressive it looks. I never built a pc before but we all have to start somewhere I guess, Youtube and patience will go a long way I think. Once I get more experience with this I'll start to add more fancy stuff.

Now I plan to add the following parts in addition to my current setup:

- 8 x Corsair LL120 RGB fans: I only want RGB for the front fans.

- aftermarket GPU cooler: mine runs a bit hot so some extra cooling would be nice.

- I'm thinking about replacing my Hydro series 100x with a H150i PRO RGB.

As for the back fans, what do you recommend? I don't need any RGB for those.

And what about power supply? PSU calculator gave me around 600W and I have a Corsair 750W, should I still upgrade this?

I hope you can give me some advice.

Check out Zotty's 1000D Build Log - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073.

For the aftermarket GPU cooler - that's likely looking at a custom loop. If that's in the cards, you might as well do the CPU on the loop too. Or is that a bit much? Outside of custom loops, there really isn't much in the way of aftermarket GPU cooling. Manage the temps with custom curve (say, in Afterburner) and overall system airflow.

Your PSU will be fine. Which PSU calculator did you use? Note that most of them show the absolute max and you'll rarely, if ever, come close to that in actual usage.

Thanks a lot for your reply, good to know that I can save some money on the PSU. I used the psu calculator from outervision btw. I'll skip the GPU cooler for now.

I'll be sure to check out the guide thoroughly. I took a quick look at the diagrams, if I want to light up the front and top panels, I'm going to need a 2nd commander pro right?

And as far as I can see, my motherboard has 1 USB 3.0 and 1 F_USB. Is that sufficient? Sorry for all the beginner questions, but I might as well ask the experts to learn faster.

No worries about the questions. Whether or not you need a 2nd CoPro depends on a lot of factors, including how many fans you want to control. For RGB lighting, the CoPro and the NoPro will do the same.

If you want to reduce the number of CoPros, you can use a powered PWM hub. Now, the downside of that is that you control a group of fans as a single unit - so you lose individual control of the fans. You can also, of course, use your motherboard headers.

As for the USB - you might want to look at an internal USB hub like the one from NZXT. You can use the CoPro's headers - and even daisy-chain them - but that might work better.

There's a ton of options and no single "right" answer. And no worries about the questions.