Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Maybe this is a dumb question but is there any way to flash the new firmware on a device that's not being seen by iCUE but shows up in usbdeview?

also, if i have the constant disconnect bug, how can i be sure it's gonna finish flashing the new firmware before getting disconnected again and interrupt the flashing process :sigh!:

Don't flash the new firmware through iCue if you're already having the disconnect issues in my opinion, just done it to mine and I think it's bricked the cooler, no longer shows up in iCue and fans run on highest setting right from when I power on the system. If any Corsair employee reads this could you please help me manually update the firmware!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's flicker and then there are disconnects - two different things.

Specifically, I've seen the flicker when pairing the CoPro with an AMD motherboard - but I've not had any disconnects with 1.15. Do you hear the USB disconnect sound? If so, are you running Steam or any monitoring tools?

Devbiker, I fixed the flicker. Had to run the cooler connection to a USB port on the back of the motherboard. A little inconvenient but it works. Did a clean install of iCUE and everything works as advertised now. Sure wish I didn't have to do that due to the way it messes up the nice cable management I had going one but I'll live with it. Only disconnect sound I get is one at initial boot when iCUE loads but all runs fine afterwards.

Interesting that there hasn't been any updates to this. Anywho, I still receive a disconnect randomly when I wake my computer from sleep. Doesn't happen all the time, but it still occurs just like it used to, but this time only after waking from sleep and loading it's profile.

Has anybody got any advice or updates regarding this? everything was fine until i updated yesterday to the lastest version of icue. now everything disconnects, fans ramp up and flickering occurs, i used to be able to cure this by setting a static colour for my H100i plat. Please it's literally driving me crazy, i have invested a lot into this system and the corsair platform, ive done a full reinstall of windows 10 fresh and started out by just installing icue. nothing is fixing this issue for me :(

Devbiker, I fixed the flicker. Had to run the cooler connection to a USB port on the back of the motherboard. A little inconvenient but it works. Did a clean install of iCUE and everything works as advertised now. Sure wish I didn't have to do that due to the way it messes up the nice cable management I had going one but I'll live with it. Only disconnect sound I get is one at initial boot when iCUE loads but all runs fine afterwards.

How did you have the USB connected before?

Interesting that there hasn't been any updates to this. Anywho, I still receive a disconnect randomly when I wake my computer from sleep. Doesn't happen all the time, but it still occurs just like it used to, but this time only after waking from sleep and loading it's profile.

Has anybody got any advice or updates regarding this? everything was fine until i updated yesterday to the lastest version of icue. now everything disconnects, fans ramp up and flickering occurs, i used to be able to cure this by setting a static colour for my H100i plat. Please it's literally driving me crazy, i have invested a lot into this system and the corsair platform, ive done a full reinstall of windows 10 fresh and started out by just installing icue. nothing is fixing this issue for me :(

For both of you - please detail how you have the cooler connected (direct to motherboard / through Commander Pro / through something else) as well as any monitoring tools that you may be running and whether you are running Steam and if shutting down Steam resolves the issue. Finally, logs are helpful.

Fresh install of windows 10 home, nothing but ASU’s hero xi drivers installed and Nvidia latest graphics driver, I have it connected via commander pro, the usb from the pump goes straight into the copro and this also controls four LL fans and 4 RGB strips, I’ll attach some logs for you tomorrow as it’s late and trying to resolve this has done me over, appreciate the reply though!

Fresh install of windows 10 home, nothing but ASU’s hero xi drivers installed and Nvidia latest graphics driver, I have it connected via commander pro, the usb from the pump goes straight into the copro and this also controls four LL fans and 4 RGB strips, I’ll attach some logs for you tomorrow as it’s late and trying to resolve this has done me over, appreciate the reply though!

Did you install the Asus drivers only or all of AI Suite?

Did you install the Asus drivers only or all of AI Suite?

No Ai suite 3, just the latest bios 1005 and drivers for the hero xi, the main issues are that sometimes the LL fans/ RGB strips wont light up at all, even at a hardware level, H100i plat ramps up, disconnects and flickers and this now seems to crash or cause instability of icue. The best i've managed so far is to disable icue after setting lighting at hardware level and fan profiles. Still get the odd disconnect and fan revs but not constantly. just heading to work so will attatch logs later today.

after installing hwinfo i have the same problem to,after uninstalling hwinfo and restart the Windows. USB reconnect problem from my H115i RGB PLATINUM dissapear link to the software https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ Icue Software Version 3.16.56

this post solve my hwinfo USB reconnect problem

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1001782&postcount=3

Edited by jefri080686

For both of you - please detail how you have the cooler connected (direct to motherboard / through Commander Pro / through something else) as well as any monitoring tools that you may be running and whether you are running Steam and if shutting down Steam resolves the issue. Finally, logs are helpful.

When you say logs are you reffering to the service_error file in service logs? how do i attatch this as its over 15mb? thanks

after installing hwinfo i have the same problem to,after uninstalling hwinfo and restart the Windows. USB reconnect problem from my H115i RGB PLATINUM dissapear link to the software https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ Icue Software Version 3.16.56

this post solve my hwinfo USB reconnect problem

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1001782&postcount=3

go into safety menu in hwinfo and uncheck asetek controllers its a known issue hwinfo conflicts if this isnt unchecked

1. Connected to Commander Pro

2. Not using any monitoring tools

3. Steam is not running

I'm only noticing issues when the computer wakes from sleep. It's only the cooler that will disconnect (the noise), turn to it's rainbow effect, then switch back to the profile that I had going. Sometimes I will have to completely end CorsairService in Task Manager to be able to get the cooler to work with iCue again.

• Corsair Employee
1. Connected to Commander Pro

2. Not using any monitoring tools

3. Steam is not running

I'm only noticing issues when the computer wakes from sleep. It's only the cooler that will disconnect (the noise), turn to it's rainbow effect, then switch back to the profile that I had going. Sometimes I will have to completely end CorsairService in Task Manager to be able to get the cooler to work with iCue again.

I’m sorry if I've missed this, but do you have this issue if you connect the cooler directly to your board? Mind sharing your iCue logs? You can post them here or PM me.

I’m sorry if I've missed this, but do you have this issue if you connect the cooler directly to your board? Mind sharing your iCue logs? You can post them here or PM me.

I used to have it connected directly to the board and it did the same thing before. And, since I've ziptied everything on the backside of the case, I'm not going to be moving it anytime soon to try again.

Here is a copy of my log.

Log.zip

• Corsair Employee
I used to have it connected directly to the board and it did the same thing before. And, since I've ziptied everything on the backside of the case, I'm not going to be moving it anytime soon to try again.

Here is a copy of my log.

I'm going to reach out to you in a PM.

I'm still having these disconnect issues constantly, even after getting a REPLACEMENT COOLER! I'm really at the end of my tether now because all I hear when gaming is the silly Windows disconnect sound! H100i RGB Platinum, 4x LL120 fans connected to an RGB Fan Hub and Commander pro. I've tried all the supposed fixes on this thread but nothing works, considering me and many many other people have been having this issue almost since the cooler was released, is there any actual definitive answer to why this glitch happens, and can corsair admit that this is a fault in their manufacturing? Because I'm seriously considering getting rid of all my Corsair components and switching to NZXT. Lengthy post I know however it sure is infuriating!!! :mad:

Because I'm seriously considering getting rid of all my Corsair components and switching to NZXT.

.....:mad:

With NZXT look into CAM and the privacy is an illusion aspect with that. They like to know everything you are doing on your machine.

And you are right to be.

I'm still having these disconnect issues constantly, even after getting a REPLACEMENT COOLER! I'm really at the end of my tether now because all I hear when gaming is the silly Windows disconnect sound! H100i RGB Platinum, 4x LL120 fans connected to an RGB Fan Hub and Commander pro. I've tried all the supposed fixes on this thread but nothing works, considering me and many many other people have been having this issue almost since the cooler was released, is there any actual definitive answer to why this glitch happens, and can corsair admit that this is a fault in their manufacturing? Because I'm seriously considering getting rid of all my Corsair components and switching to NZXT. Lengthy post I know however it sure is infuriating!!! :mad:

I suspect that you may be having an issue with the Commander Pro USB and the AsMedia USB ports on your motherboard. This is something that's a known issue and is related to the AsMedia port (which apparently drops packets).

One suggested workaround has been to get an internal USB hub (NZXT actually makes one). I'm not sure exactly why this works but it has worked for several users. And, of course, make sure that you are on the latest version of iCUE but I'm assuming that's the case.

I suspect that you may be having an issue with the Commander Pro USB and the AsMedia USB ports on your motherboard. This is something that's a known issue and is related to the AsMedia port (which apparently drops packets).

One suggested workaround has been to get an internal USB hub (NZXT actually makes one). I'm not sure exactly why this works but it has worked for several users. And, of course, make sure that you are on the latest version of iCUE but I'm assuming that's the case.

Hi there! Thanks for the response, sorry for such a short tempered post, it's just extremely frustrating to have such a problem. I may invest in a internal USB hub near the end of the month and will give you some feedback as and when.pLJGP8q

I can confirm this did work for me.