Corsair Community

H100i V2 and asus z170-k cannot detect CPU FAN

intramorph

Hi guys I'm new to PC building. I have a question. My new build has asus z170-k motherboard and I purchased the corsair h100i v2 watercooling unit. The question is why doesn't the motherboard register the CPU-FAN after installation . I had to set the bios to ignore the CPU error message. Is that what I was supposed to do. And lastly even though the fans are really loud I get temps exceeding 80 degrees Celsius with very little load. I know it's not normal. Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

1. The question is why doesn't the motherboard register the CPU-FAN after installation .
  2. I had to set the bios to ignore the CPU error message. Is that what I was supposed to do.
  3. And lastly even though the fans are really loud I get temps exceeding 80 degrees Celsius with very little load. I know it's not normal.

1. Did you plug the H100iV2 into the motherboard CPU Fan header and Disable Q-Fan control in the BIOS? If not then do so.
  2. No.
  3. I suspect the cooler is not making good thermal contact with the CPU. Are you are it's installed correctly?

Archived