Which Cooling for my PC?

VaDimZH

Hello everyone!

First time posting.

Need very quickly your help,please!

I'm planing to order:

Corsair Air 540 Case

Corsair HX750i 750W PSU

already have Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0 with MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard.

I need your help to choose Corsair cooling:

Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

or

Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT 280mm

The problem is,I have no idea,why the H115i have top insertion point on the pump

and the H110i GT have side insertion point on the pump.

Which fit my Motherboard better ?

Does it means the H115i fits better because of the top insertion point on the pump?

Thanks for help!

1. The H115i is Asetek and the H110i + H110iGT are CoolIT which is why they look different.
  2. Cooling wise they are much the same.
  3. CoolIT coolers have more flexible pipes than Asetek ones.
  4. The CoolIT firmware has more facilities then the Asetek firmware, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986 and the following few posts.
  5. Asetek coolers only have one fan controller and report one fan speed. Both fans are controlled by this and run at the same speed.
  6. CoolIT Coolers have two fan controllers and report two fan speeds (H110i+H110iGT).
  7. The H110iGTX was replaced with the H115i.
  8. The H110iGT was replaced with the H110i.
  9. I would get the H110i.
  10. Well done for asking the question. There are several posts from Asetek cooler owners who regret not asking before they bought the cooler such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853511.

1. The H115i is Asetek and the H110i + H110iGT are CoolIT which is why they look different.
  2. Cooling wise they are much the same.
  3. CoolIT coolers have more flexible pipes than Asetek ones.
  4. The CoolIT firmware has more facilities then the Asetek firmware, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986 and the following few posts.
  5. Asetek coolers only have one fan controller and report one fan speed. Both fans are controlled by this and run at the same speed.
  6. CoolIT Coolers have two fan controllers and report two fan speeds (H110i+H110iGT).
  7. The H110iGTX was replaced with the H115i.
  8. The H110iGT was replaced with the H110i.
  9. I would get the H110i.
  10. Well done for asking the question. There are several posts from Asetek cooler owners who regret not asking before they bought the cooler.

Thank you so much!

So the H110i GT is older design than H110i,right?

Right now H110i GT and H110i selling for the same price.

You recommend H110i ?

1. So the H110i GT is older design than H110i,right?
  2. Right now H110i GT and H110i selling for the same price.
  3. You recommend H110i ?

1. Yes, but there is not a big difference.
  2. This makes it a no brainer.
  3. Yes.

1. Yes, but there is not a big difference.
  2. This makes it a no brainer.
  3. Yes.

Thank you for your reply.

Well I'm confused,sorry:

from newest to oldest is like below,right?

H110i GTX > H110i GT > H110i - ?

Whats the main difference between H110i GT and H110i ?

Well I'm confused,sorry:

from newest to oldest is like below,right?

H110i GTX > H110i GT > H110i - ?

I can't see why. I guess you did not notice what I specified.

1. The H110iGTX was replaced with the H115i.
  2. The H110iGT was replaced with the H110i.

I'm just worrying if H110i GT side tubes will fit perfectly (see picture below,I put in two arrows over picture to point to object)

The picture is small but...

EDIT: The picture on part picker was removed and I cannot link it, but it still exists in the Google cache. If you paste the following into your search box, within the first few hits there is a small picture of your board with a full deck of modules and a H110i/GT.

Google: "msi z170A" & Corsair H110 partpicker

Don't worry about the timeline on these models. The H110i(formerly GT) and H115i (formerly H110 GTX) are contemporaries. The "second versions" (V2) of all Corsair coolers addressed a physical fit issue with mini-ITX boards and were released within a year of the original product date. This is not a case of a new and better model replacing the old, but a modification to remedy a conflict with a then unreleased board design. Some of the Asetek coolers got a secret firmware upgrade in the process, but their limitations are correctly described above. With prices essentially the same, I can't see any reason to get the now out of production H110 GT/GTX models.

You will have to orientate the hoses toward the front of the case for a roof mount in the 540. The cap on both coolers will not allow you to turn it to the rear and keep your rear 140mm fan.

If you were able to find the picture, the hoses clear the full memory bank without issue. If you are referring to the power capacitors or the socket locking arm, those will be below the level of the block sitting on top of the entire thing.

If you were able to find the picture, the hoses clear the full memory bank without issue. If you are referring to the power capacitors or the socket locking arm, those will be below the level of the block sitting on top of the entire thing.

I was trying to find a picture,but can't find exactly with my motherboard.

You think its will work in my situation?

Thanks!

It's possible the image cache in Google is regional, so if you aren't in the US your selection may look different than mine. I was able to find one by doing an image search with following tag: "msi z170A" & Corsair H110 partpicker

Perhaps it can also be seen here. It is most certainly your board and a H110i/GT.

Archived