Corsair Community

When will Corsair Link4 work with my Corsair Vengeance ram?

bbhaag

Hey guys first post so don't be to hard on me. I will try and be as specific as possible with my problem.

Ok so here goes. Before the Win10 fall update I was able to control the rgb lighting on my Corsair Vengeance ram via the Corsair Link4 software. I was able to switch between pulsing and static mode and the Link4 software recognized my Corsair ram.

Ever since I updated to Win10 1709 the Link4 software is unable to recognize my Corsair ram and I am not sure why. Here is a link to the ram I am using https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236133

Other system specs:

i7-6700k

Asrock Z170M Extreme4 mainboard

MyDigitalSSD 480GB nvme ssd

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 psu

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA case

Here is a screen shot of what Link4 looks like when I run it. As you can see it does not even recognize my Corsair ram. Why is that? All I want to do is change my ram from pulsing to static but an unable to. I would appreciate any help with this issue.

AUD3fLG.png

• Corsair Employee
It's possible that you may need to reinstall the chipset drivers. Grab the download from your mobo manufacturer's website and reinstall. See if that fixes it. Also, double check to ensure you have SPD Write Enabled. A BIOS update could have reset some things.

Archived