Corsair Community

Corsair Link feature suggestions

425th

Hello,

Hoping this is the correct area to post this. After messing with all the available customization options, I find Link being very limiting, especially when compared to software like Corsair Utility Engine. I've recently purchased 6x LL120 fans for my 460X RGB case. I purchased the fans specifically because I thought I would be able to customize lighting similar to how in depth you can in CUE. These are just a couple suggestions that would be great to see implemented in future versions of Link-

1. Being able to orient the fans in the software.

This is easily my biggest gripe with the Link software and seems like a huge oversight. It's very obvious that the reason someone would choose to purchase any kind of RGB fan (especially the LL120's) cares about their PC's appearance. The LL120's, in order to take advantage of the channel effects (pong specifically), have to be installed in the proper orientation for the channel effect to look correct when actually channeling across all the fans.

When trying to install your fans so no cables are showing, you must install some fans backwards in order for the fan cables to be facing the back side of the case and out of sight. Without being able to orient your fans in the Link software, the channel effect doesn't channel as intended across all the fans any more, since fans 4/5/6 are installed backwards.

For reference, my fans are installed as 1/2/3 as intake in front, 4/5 as exhaust on top (cooling H100iv2 radiator) and 6 as exhaust on the rear of the case. Pretty typical fan setup.

2. Being able to customize each individual LED.

I can create custom lighting profiles in CUE in the advanced mode. I'd love to be able to do the same in Link. Most of the default lighting modes are pretty obnoxious (looking at you, blink) and I'd really like the ability to make my own light effects, control individual LEDs in the fans, etc.

All this being said, I am still very happy with all my Corsair products. You all make great products and have great support staff the two times I've ever had to deal with them! Thanks for all you do and I hope my suggestions don't seem too whiny. With customization being a huge selling factor for the LL120's specifically, I just figured these would be a couple of nice features in the future. All Corsair products being able to be configured/customized in CUE would be even better!

Thank you!

You do realize that y'all are gonna force me to replace my Razer keyboard and mouse, right? <sigh>

Oh, yeah ... you do. Got it.

All Your RGB Are Belong to Us! ;):

That is literally the case for me. Only thing I really dont have that is corsair is my logitech g602 mouse and that is because of the amazing battery life. If corsair could do that and have RGB AND be wireless, id buy one in a heartbeat.

• Corsair Employee
That is literally the case for me. Only thing I really dont have that is corsair is my logitech g602 mouse and that is because of the amazing battery life. If corsair could do that and have RGB AND be wireless, id buy one in a heartbeat.

Working on that too! :)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dark-core-rgb-performance-wired-wireless-gaming-mouse-na

attachment.php?attachmentid=32030&stc=1&d=1516125854

Uses a built-in rechargeable battery rather than traditional AA.

RGB with 3 lighting zones

Also available in a SE variant that is Qi-compatible for wireless charging.

Not a bad start for our first wireless mouse. ;D

darkcore.jpg.4a7fa8d475706cef584c0d1686f737d7.jpg

Archived