Corsair Community

How to achieve best airflow on Carbide 400c?

HanselJW

I'll be using the H 110i GTX aio cooler.

I'll use a 120mm AF fan in the back(exhaust), 2x140mm AF in the top(exhaust).

For the intake, I think I will pull the air outside with 2xSP140 fan, and sandwich the radiator with 2x140 AF fan. Is this good? Or should i sandwhich the radiator with both SP fan?

The 280mm H110i has to go in the front panel, so that resolves most of the other issues. AF120 (rear) and 2xAF140 (top) is great. As for the front, use those fans as intake. Either one set of static pressure 140mm PWM fans (SP140L, ML140, or other) or two sets if you want to do push-pull. Don't mix the fan types. It becomes too difficult for control and there really isn't a benefit. Those AF style fans with thin, raked blades struggle to move when faced with radiator level resistance.

I am not sure you need push pull on 280mm radiator, although when it is on the front intake I think it's worth considering. If you do this, use two pairs of static pressure fans. The real benefit of push pull is more airflow at low to medium fan speeds. As the fan speed increases, the benefits in comparison to a single pair diminish to no longer being worthwhile, particularly when compared to amount of noise generated by 4x140mm at high speed on a radiator. Also, you will need to consider GPU length. This may come into play on a push-pull front set up with an approximate 77-80mm thickness.

Archived