Corsair Community

Corsair "Gaming" Logo change

Voonex

Ever since I heard of it during Computex 2014, I have been following the RGB line of products very closely. It honestly looked like the perfect keyboard. And as a very happy M65 user, I was even enthusiastic about replacing it with the new RGB version once I heard about that.

Since then, a lot of companies have followed suit, announcing and even releasing their own fully RGB-backlit mechanical keyboards and mice.

But I still waited for the Corsair one to be ready, because they did it first, and I was still riding hype from back in June. I was very excited today when I found a thread detailing the availability of pre-orders for the new brown switch K95 RGB, the keyboard I've been waiting on personally. I was equally disappointed when I got to the NewEgg page, ready to throw my money at the screen, and realized the classy, understated and familiar Corsair logo at the top of the keyboard had been replaced with an ugly, edgy looking tribal graphic and the word "Gaming" sticking out nice and bright in yellow.

It really shouldn't be a big deal, it's just a logo. It doesn't change the keyboard's great feel, premium build quality, and great feature set.

Yet, it's stopping me from adding it to my cart.

I don't understand this change. The "Gaming" marketing campaign doesn't appeal to nearly anyone other than the 14 year old boy hardc0r3 1337 g4mr, and I've | found | many | other | people | that | agree | with | me. I read what the Corsair rep said, that Corsair is trying to get more recognition for their peripherals with this new branding. But I feel all this is going to achieve is driving away many more people, such as professionals, non-gamers, and people who just aren't total tools.

I feel the need to reiterate how it appears I'm blowing up such a minuscule detail. But it's enough of an issue to sway many already established customers purchases, and I can confidently say I will now be looking at competitor's offerings for my next keyboard. I'm still hoping that this change is reverted or a different style of the keyboard with the a more subtle logo is released in the next couple weeks, but I'm tired of rubber dome and I don't plan on holding out any longer than that.

Personally I'm a little sad. I preferred the cleaner gunmetal Corsair logo on CH-9000063-NA and I was hoping to get a model with blue switches that looked exactly like that. Not a fan of the new Corsair Gaming logo or color scheme. If the logo was backlit too, that would be a different story, but the fixed colors of the logo seem to defeat the purpose of allowing me to customize how the keyboard looks. The subdued logo they used before was much better suited to blending with whatever color you set IMO.

Will have to paint the new one, or remove it somehow.

People are already looking to remove and alter the new logo, which should further illustrate that this is not a welcome change and may affect people's opinions of Corsair if it is there first exposure to the brand and they see this logo on the board.

The only support for this I've found so far is from Corsair reps and people who were given a review unit.

Corsair is known for their no-bulls**t superior products. There was absolutely no need and reason to add this 'Gaming' phrase to the keyboard at the top that does nothing but make it lose attractiveness.

Corsair you do not need to try and appeal to a certain demographic by devaluing your products, and honestly, it's a little bit insulting.

At the very least, get a poll going, and see how many people preferred the sleek, professional and superior logo...

http://i.imgur.com/kqHkrOT.jpg

(Resized yet again, mods continue to edit post without telling me maximum photo dimensions.)

... over the boring and quite ugly new one.

http://i.imgur.com/XBAw9pZ.png

Or atleast offer both. (Pertaining to K95 (all switches), and K70s Blue and Brown switches.)

Thank you,

a loyal Corsair fan.

Also, voice your opinion here too.

I too share your guys's frustration. I was ready to preorder the K95 RGB with Brown switches until i saw the awful "corsair gaming" tribal stamp. This small detail which Corsair has paid attention to in the past has been altered/committed. Now i withdraw my purchase. I will wait for this error to be fixed or purchase another product when the MX RGB exclusivity expires. Corsair please change the logo back or provide a fix for it.

And sign this petition to change the logo back guys: http://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo

I'm starting to think I could sell my "limited edition logo" K70 RGB version on ebay for a good profit haha :)

Anyways I signed the petition. Hope Corsair at least has a response soon.

I also don't like where they're going with the yellow color scheme. I liked the blue better, it seems more settle and hence can fit into more rigs without colors clashing.

Just look at the new headphones with yellow rings. You can hardly see the blue versions.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/~/media/FF6CCE2918B04B92B524A84224A8B3C5.ashx?w=380

http://gaming.corsair.com/en/~/media/250F590657634465B73043D4E3A72B92.ashx

Ever since I heard of it during Computex 2014, I have been following the RGB line of products very closely. It honestly looked like the perfect keyboard. And as a very happy M65 user, I was even enthusiastic about replacing it with the new RGB version once I heard about that.

Since then, a lot of companies have followed suit, announcing and even releasing their own fully RGB-backlit mechanical keyboards and mice.

But I still waited for the Corsair one to be ready, because they did it first, and I was still riding hype from back in June. I was very excited today when I found a thread detailing the availability of pre-orders for the new brown switch K95 RGB, the keyboard I've been waiting on personally. I was equally disappointed when I got to the NewEgg page, ready to throw my money at the screen, and realized the classy, understated and familiar Corsair logo at the top of the keyboard had been replaced with an ugly, edgy looking tribal graphic and the word "Gaming" sticking out nice and bright in yellow.

It really shouldn't be a big deal, it's just a logo. It doesn't change the keyboard's great feel, premium build quality, and great feature set.

Yet, it's stopping me from adding it to my cart.

I don't understand this change. The "Gaming" marketing campaign doesn't appeal to nearly anyone other than the 14 year old boy hardc0r3 1337 g4mr, and I've | found | many | other | people | that | agree | with | me. I read what the Corsair rep said, that Corsair is trying to get more recognition for their peripherals with this new branding. But I feel all this is going to achieve is driving away many more people, such as professionals, non-gamers, and people who just aren't total tools.

I feel the need to reiterate how it appears I'm blowing up such a minuscule detail. But it's enough of an issue to sway many already established customers purchases, and I can confidently say I will now be looking at competitor's offerings for my next keyboard. I'm still hoping that this change is reverted or a different style of the keyboard with the a more subtle logo is released in the next couple weeks, but I'm tired of rubber dome and I don't plan on holding out any longer than that.

This.

The new logo is an embarrasing move for Corsair.

I´ve been waiting for the Brown switches and the RGB mouse for weeks.

But today I saw the new logo, and I think I´ve changed my mind, and won´t be buying these perhipherals.

I´m 40 years old, and I have no need to have these logos on my stuff, like a kid would. I liked Corsair product because of the plain design, and I really liked the old logo. I hope they release another version with the old logo...but I doubt it.

maybe its just me but i feel like Corsair is a premium product with a nice and subdued logo which i like a lot and so did many others

but now with that "Tramp Stamp Logo" (thats what im calling it from now on) corsair is just being lazy by using a straight edge sticker on the aluminum instead of following the logos and letters curves which looked better to me

i know its just a logo but the way they had it great with an minimalistic logo nothing flashy which could work anywhere you had their products

im sorry corsair but my first mechanical keyboard wont be yours now

i have waited ever since heard about it at ces back in january 2014 and now we are almost at the end of month of september

i know there were problems get it put on time which i was okay with and understood but to come out with this new logo out of the blue but i feel like i just wasted about 8 months+ when i could have gone elsewhere

here are something they changed from the older keyboard that i noticed

1 k70 doesnt come with the red textured WASD 1-6 keys anymore

2 the USB passthrough GONE!

3 the sticker isnt cut out to the shape of the logo

4 the ugly Tramp Stamp Logo

5 all for a higher price which would be okay by me if the things before didnt exist

If the word "gaming" wasn't yellow on the black m65 RGB, they wouldn't have lost a sale from me. I don't how they thought throwing yellow text on an RGB product would be a good idea. Lots of people would have been using RGB to match a color scheme/theme. It just looks so tacky.

maybe its just me but i feel like Corsair is a premium product with a nice and subdued logo which i like a lot and so did many others

but now with that "Tramp Stamp Logo" (thats what im calling it from now on) corsair is just being lazy by using a straight edge sticker on the aluminum instead of following the logos and letters curves which looked better to me

^ What he said! Plus it matches my M65 logo. I was lucky (with out knowing) to get the Nice logo, my only worry when I found out it changed before mine shipped was more than the logo had changed. That not being the case I'm happily awaiting the FedEx truck today with the original logo.

My 2 cents:

Old logo: sails-> vacation, fun, sea, exploration. Silver logo: classy, not too "in your face", matches elegantly any build.

New logo: "gaming" -> cheap product (A4tech class), little kid, stay at home, immature. Yellow: will ruin every build that's not yellow based, doesn't work at all with any other RGB combo. Don't even get me started with the 2 swords that look like a cheap "get it while you're drunk" 2000 tattoo.

How the hell can you fail that, beyond me!

Please change it so I can keep upgrading my Corsair items to Corsair.

Corsair please stop with the "L337 G4m3r" stuff. It's almost as tacky as Razer, and tacky is the reason I don't buy from your competitors. The sleek professional look is classy, and I want it to stay classy. If you absolutely must appeal to the 13 year old demographic (which you shouldn't because they aren't the ones buying your stuff) then at least offer your products in both versions so the vast majority of your loyal customers can stay happy.

Cannot understand the discussion about the changed Logo.

You are behaving like those kiddies you claim not to be...

^This times one-million.

I don't mean to start a flame war but this behavior of "I am not buying it because of a logo" is beyond childish. I simply cannot comprehend how a little logo is causing such a stir.

If you don't like it, you should request for some decal or stick to cover it up instead of threatening to boycott a product you have been waiting for many months to purchase then make a last minute decision to refuse to purchase over a minor aesthetic that has absolutely ZERO impact on the performance, functionality, and quality of the product.

Cannot understand the discussion about the changed Logo.

You are behaving like those kiddies you claim not to be...

Hardly. We're debating something we don't like and simply voicing our opinion in an organized, efficient, mature manner hoping to make a difference for the better, even if it is quite minuscule.

^This times one-million.

I don't mean to start a flame war but this behavior of "I am not buying it because of a logo" is beyond childish. I simply cannot comprehend how a little logo is causing such a stir.

If you don't like it, you should request for some decal or stick to cover it up instead of threatening to boycott a product you have been waiting for many months to purchase then make a last minute decision to refuse to purchase over a minor aesthetic that has absolutely ZERO impact on the performance, functionality, and quality of the product.

We're customers. This product is one that is being sold not only for it's technical specs, but largely on it's aethetic appeal. They have done something that changes that aesthetic appeal 'at the last minute', in a very negative way, for a portion of people. It may be a minor change to you, but it's a subjective thing; there are clearly quite a number who find it more than minor.

We don't owe Corsair our money. We're telling them that one of the reasons we chose to buy Corsair versus other brands is that their products had a visual appeal (in addition to the functional side) that we liked, and that this new branding completely undermines that.

I'm so glad I pre-ordered before they changed this.. It looks so tacky and completely removed the class from the products. I was planning on getting the M65 RGB, but I guess not..

Make sure to sign the petition, it may get us somewhere.

Wow am I happy that I pre-ordered the k70 RGB with the old logo on it, as well as the old m95.

Corsair, please please please do not change the logo on the obsidian type cases as well.

I can understand that you want to appeal to another demographic due to its size of market compared to your unique market, but please don't do this by annoying your existing market.

If you have to appeal to the younger demographic, release another product range which is cheaper and is "gaming", but leave the awesome sails logo alone and let the "quality over quantity" consumers continue to have access to the brand they love.

For those who say that brand logo doesn't matter, understand that it is a massive part of the marketing capital of a brand and that by changing it you can damage your brand. Face it, people buy motherboards and graphics cards based on color schemes and spend thousands on watercooling for the looks rather than purely for performance.

Archived