Corsair Community

Where buy Platinum RGB C14 Ram??!!

davidm71

Hi,

Read a review of the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3200Mhz ram at cas 14-14-14-34 timings and can't find them at any retailer. It got a good review and all I can find are the cas 16 versions. Want cas 14!

Thanks

Did some research and found that those cas 14 modules only come in 8gb capacities each so if you want 16gb x 2 which is desirable for overclockers you cant do that unless you get the Platinum Special Edition Torque modules.

Thanks

Why? Thought it was best to have only one channel pair occupied? If I go 4 x 8gb would introduce instability.

It depends on platform and MB layout (T-topology vs Daisy Chain). However in general current 8GB modules can hit higher frequencies than 16GB ones and at better timings, not only with Samsung 8Gbit B-Die based kits.

If we are talking AMD, this should cover some of the most practical memory OC settings https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_Memory_Tweaking_Overclocking_Guide/10.html and is a good read overall if you are new to memory OC with Ryzen.

With Intel and esp on LGA1151v2 the overall memory frequency cap is much higher and the differences between 2x16GB and 4x8GB can be too. If you are unsure about your MB, check the memory QVL. If the highest frequencies are only supported with 4x8GB, then that probably also is what you want. Just an example:

corsair.thumb.png.cdcbe245e5a9ddb5aa3ee782c7b3a46b.png

It depends on platform and MB layout (T-topology vs Daisy Chain). However in general current 8GB modules can hit higher frequencies than 16GB ones and at better timings, not only with Samsung 8Gbit B-Die based kits.

If we are talking AMD, this should cover some of the most practical memory OC settings https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_Memory_Tweaking_Overclocking_Guide/10.html and is a good read overall if you are new to memory OC with Ryzen.

With Intel and esp on LGA1151v2 the overall memory frequency cap is much higher and the differences between 2x16GB and 4x8GB can be too. If you are unsure about your MB, check the memory QVL. If the highest frequencies are only supported with 4x8GB, then that probably also is what you want. Just an example:

Thats very interesting. I am coming from an 1151 skylake and possibly coffelake as far as where I want to place the ram. It would seem that as far as overclocking stability is concerned on intel cpu's it goes like this 2x8gb > 4x8gb > 2 x 16gb ?

Right now I have Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz cas 15 in my 6700K build. So if my end desired result is performance increase I should possibly look into another 2 x 8 gb but with tighter timings? Cas 13 looking good.

Thanks

I got the cas 16 modules in 32GB (4x8GB) and have them running at the advertised 3200 speed fine so far.

Update: wrong. System is unstable at 3200, have to underclock them to 3000 in order to remain stable.

on intel cpu's it goes like this 2x8gb > 4x8gb > 2 x 16gb?

Like I said 4x8GB can be > 2x8GB on some Z390 boards due to their layout.

On a 2 DIMM model like the ASUS Gene/Apex oder EVGA Dark 2x8GB is king.

I want to get the cas 14 32gb 3200mhz kit when it goes on Sale. Too expensive right now. The cas 16 kit is cheaper. Want faster.

The CL16 variant will very likely always be cheaper and the ICs used to make those CMT32GX4M4C3200C14 go out of production Q2/2019. So don't wait too long ;)

Like I said 4x8GB can be > 2x8GB on some Z390 boards due to their layout.

On a 2 DIMM model like the ASUS Gene/Apex oder EVGA Dark 2x8GB is king.

The CL16 variant will very likely always be cheaper and the ICs used to make those CMT32GX4M4C3200C14 go out of production Q2/2019. So don't wait too long ;)

Not going to wait too long. Understand that ram prices are really cheap right now so good time to invest in quality ram for my current system and or future system. Got 16GB (2x8) 2666 MHz Dominators C15 modules paired with a 6700k at 4.5ghz. Want to go 32gb at tighter timings.

Also really interested in getting a Z390 Dark Evga board and will probably need quality ram for that build when time comes. So looking at prices I see there’s a 2x8 16GB 3200mhz C14 kit at $259 or $520 double that at 32gb.

However competing against Corsair and more of a value I found Gskill 2X16 at 3200mhz 32gb 14-14-14-34 kit for $320 but read the sub timings are worse than Corsair modules?

So got to choose between value and quality.. Choices.. Choices.

Archived