Corsair Community

Corsair AX1600i will turn on fan if computer overheats?

cmm

Hi!

In a home/office server with a Corsair AX1600i, of course normally the PSU is fanless up to ~650W.

I wonder: If for any secondary reason the system would heat up - say that CPU, SSD, RAM, motherboard, other peripherals would drive the system crazy hot -

Is there some temperature sensor and logic in the AX1600i that would turn on the PSU fan as a way to help the other system not overheat?

I.e. the PSU fan is not only turned on by wattage as trigger but also some temperature sensor in the PSU. Is this so? Please let me know thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Hi!

In a home/office server with a Corsair AX1600i, of course normally the PSU is fanless up to ~650W.

I wonder: If for any secondary reason the system would heat up - say that CPU, SSD, RAM, motherboard, other peripherals would drive the system crazy hot -

Is there some temperature sensor and logic in the AX1600i that would turn on the PSU fan as a way to help the other system not overheat?

I.e. the PSU fan is not only turned on by wattage as trigger but also some temperature sensor in the PSU. Is this so? Please let me know thanks!

Not possible. But you can always manually set the fan to spin at a fixed % at all time to just help with circulation in general. That’s what I do (:

Archived