Corsair Community

Potentially silly question - pump sounds

carterg84

Hi there,

Can't seem to find a "reference sound" for what one should normally hear from their H80i pump.

I have a recurring sound, nothing nasty, sort of a small bubble noise followed by a soft click. They're spaced about about 5 seconds or so.

Would that be considered normal?

Cheers!

The "gurgle" or momentary bubbles are pretty normal, particularly on some series pumps or as they get older. Which H80i do you have? (square shiny block or hexagonal with grey insert)

A soft click now and then may be a consequence of the bubbles. However, continual or streaming clicking is really annoying and needs to go away. If this stuff is persistent, you can try rocking the case back and forth (while the pump is running) to see if it will work itself out. If possible, you can also lay in on its side and see if that changes things. Last drastic method is to take if out and shake the whole cooler (really), but this can also be unpredictable. Usually just taking it out and putting it back on is enough rotation to work things out. If this is getting to be an even and metered tone, it may be warrant more serious action.

Thanks c-attack, I have a h80i v2, hexagonal block. I installed it today on a new build, so wouldn't expect age to be a factor here!

I've given the PC a rock, and sure enough, not hearing anything at the moment. I wasn't 100% convinced it was the pump, but seemed most likely, and now this would appear to have both confirmed and resolved the issue.

Thanks again!

Archived