Corsair Community

Poor Customer service and miscommunication between departments

ZachEvert

Main ticket #813557

Original order #4000043242

Shipping #1Z3X063E0310258585

Let me start this off by saying this,

I have always chosen Corsair for all of my peripherals(except for my current keyboard, I couldn't resist the 75% off sale a few years ago :damnit:. Though I was planning on buying myself a k95 as well if I liked my brothers) and cases from the moment I started building Pc's for friends and family(and as of a few short years ago, building Pc's for customers around the globe averaging about 7-10 full builds a week). I have never once had to RMA or get a return/refund on a product from your company, and thus have never experienced the mess that has since unfolded infront of me.

This year, after buying most of the parts for my brothers birthday(December 2nd) to build him a new computer, I found myself buying him the best of the best for his peripherals and went all out on black friday/cyber monday. While checking out with the keyboard(k95) at 12am,(the morning of 11/26/18) I must have unknowingly clicked on the k70 while comparing it between the k95. I was already in checkout for the k95 and could not see the k70 on my checkout page, so I went ahead and checked out. With no confirmation page for payment, I found myself paying close to 300 dollars for my 140 dollar purchase. Upon realization of this, I immediately opened a ticket(#813142) within the support system and went to bed.

When I awoke, seeing no reply yet and not wanting my package to get sent out, I sent out a call to your phone support. I spoke to someone name Calvin(Kevin? not sure I couldn't understand through his thick accent) who guaranteed me that the k70 would not be sent out to me and sent out an email to shipping(presumably telling them to stop shipment of the package)and opened up a second ticket(#813325). Then hoping to hear back from him that day like he told me(he didn't), I assumed I would be given a refund after he got an email back.

11/26

With things presumably settled, I went to work expecting a call back from Calvin. Halfway through work with no call back, I joined a live chat with Bernard M(which you can view the log of in the current ticket at the top of this post). With no clear solution for the problem and now increasily frustrated with not getting a definite answer of what happened and how I would get my money back and the keyboard I want, I called the phone support again after work.

After being on hold for 15 minutes, I explained my frustration to the lady I was speaking to(too frustrated to make a mental note of her name)and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was placed on hold for another 10 minutes where I then spoke to Julie(I beleive the same person handling my ticket), who out of all the people I had spoke to was the first to tell my something useful and gave me a definite instruction to getting my problem resolved. She sent an email out to shipping and to the web store to get the k95 sent out and to get my refund processed. She requested that I did as Calvin recommended and refused delivery and RMAed the box. Being a bit more relieved, I ended the call with high hopes for the follow up email I would get with her.

11/27

The next morning, I went to work and told my brother that I had meant for the product to be shipped to my work address and to RMA it for me. He did, and around the same time he had texted me I received an update from Julie(see main ticket at top) and felt that I had finally started to recieve the customer service I expected your company to have.

11/28

I called to check in and was told by one of the outsourced phone operators that there was no update of either email. By 3pm both keyboards were returned to your warehouse and I had yet to receive a refund. I left it be and gave it another day

11/29 (time of writing)

Today I received another update from Julie who informed me that there was a delay in my shipment. Immediately angered, I called again and asked to speak to her. When I spoke to her, she informed me that due to the holidays I would not be receiving my keyboard just yet(even though i had both at my door 2 days ago). She also mentioned that the refund team had not gotten back to her and even though I now had no product, I would not be getting my refund anytime soon. Frustrated and worn down by what seems like a purposeful system to deter most RMA's to your company, I come here which seems to be the only place where things actually are taken care of.

It is now 3 days till his birthday, and your company has lost the reputation in my eyes that it once had. Your customer service feels untrained and all of the "Teams" seem to not get back to each other in a fluid, timely manner. If I receive no shipping number or update on my ticket about my shipment and refund, I will be forced to get a refund through my bank, RMA the board you will "eventually send due to the holidays" and go out and buy him a keyboard with a company I know he will have no problem dealing with if there is an issue with the keyboard.

Your customer service has turned me off from not only your company, but your products as well knowing that this is what my customers will have to deal with if they want to get something replaced under warranty or if I ever test and have to replace a defective cooler or RAM stick. My decision on which brands and products to bulk order the next time I need parts has been heavily impacted by the service your company has given.

• Corsair Employee

Hello ZachEvert,

This is the escalation team, I have looked at your ticket, and sent it to the webstore to get your refund processed.

" Today I received another update from Julie who informed me that there was a delay in my shipment. Immediately angered, I called again and asked to speak to her. When I spoke to her, she informed me that due to the holidays I would not be receiving my keyboard just yet(even though i had both at my door 2 days ago). She also mentioned that the refund team had not gotten back to her and even though I now had no product, I would not be getting my refund anytime soon. Frustrated and worn down by what seems like a purposeful system to deter most RMA's to your company, I come here which seems to be the only place where things actually are taken care of. "

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Wootaru

Archived