Corsair Community

Total letdown; ticket #6729340

Matija

I'll try to make this a clear as possible, this is the issue and ticket that has never been closed since 2015, I've tried multiple points of contact, email, corsair support portal, phone and facebook. Nothing yielded any results ever, just bouncing around.

Right now, I cannot even access my corsair account on https://sso.corsair.com/idp/AuthnEngine#/authn - I reset password (username Matija), the email arrives but nothing happens when I log. So, let's try to explain this, maybe this time something gets sorted.

In 2014., Zagreb, Croatia I've purchased Vengeance K90 keyboard for 165 euro, new, unopened. I was happy with the product. Quite early, the keyboard itself developed Double press issue on multiple keys and even though support was helpful, it was never sorted. The keyboard was under warranty at that time.

I was directed by shop and Corsair to make a warranty/RMA claim which I did. I was offered K70 keyboard. That was the first blow since I lost a good chunk of money, by being offered lower tier product as a replacement.

I got K70 on 11th of March 2015. The moment warranty expired, K70 developed Double press issue on multiple keys again and I was not able to sort it.

RMA support team told me in the ticket that replacement continued warranty from the original unit. (K90) It didn't help to point out that two keyboards I got from Corsair, both developed same error, something that couldn't be fixed (updating firmware, resetting keyboard and so on). The ticket remained open.

I've tried to reach out, use any means possible (except forum) to see what can be done, because, RMA procedure or not, getting 65E cheaper model as a replacement and then having it develop some error is high problematic, not to mention unprofessional.

The ticket remained open. In 2016. I reached out to Corsair on FB (I can attach images) and told them about this. They asked me for the ticket number which I provided. They never answered back, even though I tried to contact them on FB a couple of times.

Then support page changed to something new and I wasn't able to access the ticket, that was never closed. Still to this day, I have 2 faulty keyboards from Corsair, I don't have solution to this issue, the ticket was never closed and I'm unable to access my Corsair support portal, even tough password reset works. :)

Help?

• Corsair Employee

Hello Matija,

I have looked at the ticket in regards to this and it looks like your item has been out of warranty. Unfortunately we would not be able to replace your device. I am sorry about the inconvenience that has came about, but I am unable to help further with the replacement.

As for your issue trying to log in please try accessing support.corsair.com without all the additional text.

Best,

Wootaru

I have to say that I'm amazed by you guys repeating things like parrots, without reading my ticket at all. Let me try to explain it again.

*You buy a car from me and it has 3 years warranty.

*After 2 years and 10 months your car breaks down and you decide to check warranty.

*I tell you that I can't give you the same car, but I can give you the cheaper model.

*You accept and take the cheaper model.

*In 3 months your new car again breaks down.

*I tell you 'you are out of warranty.'

Basically, when my Vengeance K90 developed double key press issue, you offered me K70 and cheated me for about 65 euro. K70 developed same issue as K90 and you told me it's out of warranty.

Out of curiosity, why would I buy Corsair product when your warranty means nothing and when you replace expensive model with a cheaper one?

• Corsair Employee

Hello Matija,

I understand what you're saying there, but we do not just give you something cheaper in price just to give you something cheaper in price, we look at things comparable to your current model / specs and offer it to you.

To compare some of what you are saying when it comes prices and a given time period. A computer back in the 2017 vs something in 2019 would not be the same pricing although it is the same unit and/or comparable model. Usually there is a price difference when time is thrown into the equation.

I also understand that after we fulfilled the RMA that some time has passed and you experienced the same issue. We give customers some leeway (30 Days) just in case the replaced product is not working as intended, but after another set of months has passed and quite some time after your warranty ended we cannot process another RMA as stated in our Warranty

-Any replacement product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is greater, or for the period of time required by local statute.-

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/warranty

Best,

Wootaru

Archived