Corsair Community

H100i Corsair Link software issues.

jcirillz

When I first received my H100i it was working fine. I had no problems controlling the fans and everything was working properly, but at some point I upgraded to Windows 8 and I never really like the OS anyway so after a short time I tried 8.1 and quickly downgraded back to Windows 7 in an effort to fix my fan issue.

I have installed the hardware correctly, I am 100% sure of that. I have tried a mini USB B to USB A on the exterior of my case. I have all the latest Corsair Link Software, and all the proper drivers for my motherboard installed.

At this point I'm so frustrated I may just RMA it but I doubt that will help. Please if anyone has any knowledge of a way I can fix this problem, help me. The fans are just running at their default settings right now and it's slightly loud. When I paid for an "h100i" I want the "i" part of it, that's why I bought it in the first place.

Attached is an image of what pops up in Widows if I connect the CPU block while the computer is running.

Capture.PNG.08986d5f0ee66ca2d4fd1c5e0fe507ac.PNG

how did you go back to win7?

did you fully uninstall corsair link including the profiles?

I simply installed Windows 7 from a flash drive while running Windows 8.1 (formatted the drive obviously)

I'm sure I did at some point, but just to be sure, what is the file path of the profiles?

whats it doing?

what software version?

ive found 2.3.4816 works almost perfectly for me

It didn't do much of anything as far as I can tell.

I'm using 2.4.5110, I don't even know if the software is the problem, that's why this issue is so frustrating.

I've included another picture, what do you make of that?

Capture.PNG.8336bf9ad789e30b48e33635e5e5b2d8.PNG

no,turning it off and waiting 15-30 seconds till the computer resets,a coldboot is essential after fully uninstalling cl...

Unfortunately, after repeating the process of deleting the files and reinstalling after a cold boot the device is still unrecognized. As a side note I have .NET Framework 4.5 installed on my computer as well.

being it worked while on win 7,its safe to assume the cooler is ok and its within the installation somewhere.

try using another usb header and see if it a usb conflict.

That's what I was thinking, and the fact that I have a Corsair keyboard (k70) may also have something to do with it from what I've read, but I have tried every header on the motherboard.

Archived