Corsair Community

16gb Flash Voyager "USB Device not recognized"

mgauthier711

I have 2 16GB Flash Voyager drives. Bothof them worked for a few months, now they both are unrecognized devices when I plug them in. Is there some tool or utility that can reformat or repartition and reformat these or are they just toast?

This is over $300 worth of dead flash drives.

I have two 16GB Flash Voyager drives. They both worked for a couple months, then suddenly, when I plug them in, they are unknown devices. I tried several PC's but they fail to be recognized in all of them. Is there a tool or utility that I can use to reformat these or to partition and reformat these, or are the just toast?

This is over $300 worth of dead flash drives!

As I said in my original post, "I tried several PC's but they fail to be recognized in all of them."

What I neglected to say is that some of them are running Windows XP and some are running Windows Vista.

Is there a tool or utility that will run on one of these platforms that will allow me to partition or format them?

I've got exactly the same issue with my 16GB Corsair - I've had it since Xmas.3 days ago it simply could not be recognized in any machine I tried to put it in.

I'm in Australia, but I was wondering should I follow the same process you have described above?

Thanks in advance

Archived