Corsair Community

Matching optical drive bezel for 800D?

slamscaper

Will Corsair be offering any bezels (or covers of some sort) to match optical drives seamlessly with the 800D?

I've noticed a few other manufacturers have started doing this with their high-end cases, and I for one would purchase these as most standard optical drive bezels don't look to hot when compared to the brushed aluminum finish on the 800D.

I would like to see some as well but I am not sure if it is possible unless someone actually makes replacement bezels for the BR/DVD Drives themselves with the tool-less locks in place. I know Mr. Armageddon put up a link to a mod for them in the forums.. I think I am gonna bug LG about em :)

LG's blu-ray drives actually have a glossy black bezel that matches this case a little better than most standard matte black optical drive bezels.

I like to have at least two burners installed, and I already have the LG GGW H20L BD-R. However, my Sony DRU-840A DVD_RW has a matte black bezel like most standard optical drives. This matte black finish is a bit lighter than the 800D finish and doesn't match too well. I don't like the look of it at all.

I don't want to have to buy another LG (Plextor makes one as well) blu-ray drive just to get a bezel that closely matches the 800D so that's why I'm hoping Corsair offers something here. Sure, I could paint the bezel to make my optical drive match a little better, but to do this right would take a lot of time and it still wouldn't be a perfect match.

This has been a problem for far too long in my opinion, and I think manufacturers of high-end ATX enclosures could address this rather easily with a little extra effort.

I have two LG's one Blu Ray Writer and one Blu Ray reader. I have actually been toying with the idea of actually painting the bezels and getting some sort of vinyl decals or something to indicate they are blu ray since I have been unable to find a bezel replacement anywhere. (they have some on EBay for DVDs) so I might buy them and paint them and keep the originals if I can find a match. No matter what I do it will be hard to match the brushed look but I will figure out something.

I just painted my drive bezels and they do look better. I need to see if I can find some paint that is a darker black as the front is really "BLACK". The paint I used is a good match for the rest of the case but could be a littler darker for the front. But it is better then it was. Corsair needs to take a look at some of the other case manufacturers and the accessories that they supply.

It is their first case, I am sure items will become available after they get through this initial push and shortage or cases/parts. Once anyone finds a good paint match please post the manufacturer and color please.

For the case for touch up the Rust-Oleum Textured black is a very close match. I used it on the front DVD bezel's and it is darker then the stock bezel's on the Samsung's but it not quiet as dark as the front of the 800D.

Most optical drive bezels are standardized. I know this because I've swapped out different bezels that were from totally different manufacturers. This really makes me wonder why you can't find any after market bezels at all. I guess there's just nobody out there clamoring for them.

Really, only OEM pre-built PC's come with matched bezels. Some of the more expensive pre-built gaming PC's really do look nice with their matched bezels. I think they are one of those little touches that go a long way and it's time that us DIY'ers can easily achieve the same effect.

If I could just find a standard brushed aluminum bezel all would be well. Wouldn't matter what color as I could paint it. The only one's I've seen available are designed specifically for LL or CM cases.

Dallanar, let me know how that turns out. Any idea where these bezels came from? I haven't found anything and I've searched high and low.

I ended up buying another LG BD-RE to complement the one I already own. It will give me faster BD-R burns, and a very close match to the 800D with it's dark black glossy bezel.

Here is a link to the ones I found. I havent tried to see if they will fit yet but they look close. Once I am finished with my build I will look closer at it...too much work for now

http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-DVD-Burner-Combo-Front-Face-Plate-Black-Bezel-Tray_W0QQitemZ350256135968QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090923?IMSfp=TL090923148001r16879

Now to find some decals and a paint to work. I am thinking a flat with a clear or the top might work.

Archived